mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
Im using Windows XP, i have norton antivirus 2004 firewall, and i use verizon dsl which i think aslo gives me a firewall.. When I 1st got mIRC I only got it to use TMD-Moviez channel which is with Criten. I have been able to use it one night and then ever since it wouldnt connect, and now it is like this for every server i try to connect too. I keep getting the Unable To Resolve IRC Server error. Please help me.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Have you read the sticky threads at the top of this forum? They contain a lot of information that may be useful to you. That is a very common error, so you may also find the Search feature useful, and Google. The 'unable to resolve server' message usually occurs because the server no longer exists. Try another server on that network, or another network entirely.

Please note, mIRC is not a file trading program. Downloading movies from the 'TMD Moviez' group is both silly (due to the poor quality) and illegal. You also run the risk of being infected with a virus. IRC is not a file trading protocol it means Internet Relay Chat and is primarily for that purpose.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
OP Offline
M
Ok thanks... I cant connect to criten period now but thats okay...Now the problom is everytime i try to connect to a server under another network i keep getting the *** Connecting to us.chatnet.org (6667)
-
-Chicago.IL.US.ChatNet.Org- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-Chicago.IL.US.ChatNet.Org- *** Found your hostname, cached
-
-Chicago.IL.US.ChatNet.Org- *** Checking Ident
-
-Chicago.IL.US.ChatNet.Org-*** No Ident response or cant find Ident .. Somthing like that

for no matter what network i try... and no matter what server i try... Help PLEASEEEE

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
'No ident response' means your IdentD is not working correctly. This is most often due to a firewall blocking the required port for IdentD to work (port 113).

As I said earlier, please read the sticky threads at the top of this forum, and use the search feature - most common questions have been answered before. Expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' when using the search feature for best results. See this thread for information on enabling IdentD.

Also make sure you have IdentD enabled, type /identd on. You can access mIRC's IdentD options in ALT+O > Connect > IdentD.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
OP Offline
M
thanks, I also have the problom where i can connect to a network's server.. and as soon as it brings me to the Channel Popup, mIRC needs to shut down because of an error the occured. How do I stop this from happening?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
* Mentality sighs

Again, using the Search feature will find you a number of results and suggestions.

Personally, I would say if you are using mIRC to file trade that it isn't suprising you have all these errors. Are you using some sort of file sharing script? Are you using a script that has a lot of 3rd party DLLs? Try installing a fresh copy of mIRC to a new directory and seeing if you get the same error when you open mIRC.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
OP Offline
M
1 last question sorry heh, I installed a fresh copy of mIRC... and now i get the same Ident error but now it adds the the Ident is prefixed with ~.... What do you suggest I do now?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This just means that you still haven't resolved your IdentD issue. My last post regarding IdentD still applies, something is most likely blocking port 113.

If you added mirc.exe as some sort of exception to your firewall, make sure you add the new mirc.exe that you have recently installed. You need to open port 113 in your firewall. If you use a router, forward port 113. Again, make sure IdentD is set on in your new mIRC. Again, use the search feature.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
i have trouble connecting mirc

i am using http proxy connection...
my os is win 2000
i am using latest version of mirc

can you help me?

M
OP Offline
M
Hey again, I have done everything.. searched for help on google, and different message boards... its not doing anything for me. I have configured my Windows XP firewall. Now when I try to connect to any Networks server It goes through... and then as soon as it gives me the channels popup I get an error saying mIRC has encountered a problom... It has to close.. somthing like that.. all the time.. This is my only problom now.. Pleaseee helpppp confused

Link Copied to Clipboard