Print Thread
#95167 22/08/04 05:12 PM
J
J2k5 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Ok here's the problem. I have developped a dll with C# to interact with mIRC. On my pc is .NET framework 1.1 installed and VS.NET. After you have registred the dll with regasm.exe it works fine.

But then I went testing on pc's. These only have .NET framework 1.1 installed, which should be no problem, because VS.NET is just an editor. After registring the dll with regasm.exe which went perfect. I try to open the dll with $comopen and nothing happens. From what I could figure out mIRC cant find it and it doesnt register it. Weird enough I dont get an error back from $comopen. It just does nothing at all. Any ideas on how to solve this? It's pretty weird in my opinion, since there actually is nothing different from what I can see if it's about the .NET framework.

Btw: Also installed it on a second pc with VS.NET and it worked there also.

Anybody who knows a solution?

#95168 22/08/04 10:58 PM
J
J2k5 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Ok figured it out. I almost want to say "as usual", but the problem was Microsoft. You need to have a dll registred called: "extensibility.dll" which is included in VS.NET, but not in the .NET framework. It's located at "<path>\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies". Register that first and after that your .NET dll and you're set to go.

Last edited by J2k5; 22/08/04 10:59 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard