mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
A vary simple and naive on input remote that simply msgs the input to the channel:
Code:
on *:INPUT:#:{ msg $chan $1- } 

The problem with this code is that it can't handle multiple spaces because tokenization with $1- eats them up.
In on text events with incoming text this can be solved with $rawtext which contains the ACTUAL text.
What can be done in an on input event? $editbox returns $null (the editbox is cleared before the remote is triggered). How can I get the ORIGINAL input text with the multiple spaces and all?

This is a problem in theme engines, nick completers and so many common addons that handle input text. Isn't there a way around it?

I hope this hasn't been discussed earlier... My search gave no such previous discussions...

Maybe I wake up one day to notice that all my life was just a dream!
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
There's no decent solution for it. The only practical way that this will ever work is if Khaled adds $rawmsg to the input event.

Here's a scripted 'solution', although I have no clue just how well it works on other systems (it's possible the key sending stuff might not register in time for the timer on some computers).

Code:
on *:input:*:{
  sendkeys {UP}
  .timer -m 1 0 var $+(%,r) $(|) !.echo -q $!regsub($editbox( $target ),/(\x20(?=\x20))/g,$+($chr(32),),%r) $(|) .signal rawinput $replace($target,$chr(32),$cr) $ctrlenter $+(%,r) $(|) sendkeys {DOWN}
}

on *:signal:rawinput:{
  [color:blue]; $replace($1,$cr,$chr(32) contains ON INPUT's $target value[/color]
  [color:blue]; $2 contains ON INPUT's $ctrlenter value[/color]
  [color:blue]; $3- will contain ON INPUT's $1- value but will retain spaces (they've been padded with control codes)[/color]
  [color:red]; YOUR CODE HERE[/color]
}

alias sendkeys {
  var %obj = $+(sk, $ticks)
  .comopen %obj WScript.Shell
  .comclose %obj $com(%obj, SendKeys, 3, *bstr, $1-)
}

Just use the RAWINPUT signal event instead of on INPUT for your code.

Last edited by starbucks_mafia; 22/08/04 01:26 PM.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
In general I think the thing with spaces is quite a serious problem!
regsubing spaces with ctrl-b's even in on text events can make the text too big! Simply using $1- is not acceptable in aligned text (ascii art, server stats etc).
Not many people seem concerned about it though it seems...

Using $rawmsg in outgoiing events would be nice.

Maybe I wake up one day to notice that all my life was just a dream!
M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
I wrote a couple signal events that allowed me to trigger scripts when the text in the active editbox changed or was cleared. Something similar could be applied here:

Code:
on *:start:if ($timer(irt) == $null) irt_chk
on *:input:*:if ($timer(irt) == $null) irt_chk
on *:close:*:var %w = $window($target).wid | if ($hget(irt, %w)) hdel irt %w

alias input_rawtext return $hget(irt, $window($active).wid)
alias irt_chk {
  .timerirt -oim 1 10 if ($isalias(irt_chk)) irt_chk
  var %e = $replace($editbox($active), $chr(32), $chr(0160)), %w = $window($active).wid
  if (%e != $hget(irt, %w)) {
    if (%e == $null) hdel irt %w
    else hadd -m irt %w %e
  }
}

It should be noted that when I am placeholding spaces I usually use $lf since it can't normally be provided in the input text (while chr(0160) can) but I didn't do that here for clarity's sake.

As you can see, all this does is keep a hash table updated with the text that's in each window; the table entry is deleted when the editbox clears, but the on input event triggers before it can do so. Therefore, if you call $input_rawtext inside an on input event, you will get the text they typed in the editbox.

-myndzi

Link Copied to Clipboard