mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
But others did in this thread, and that should be quite obvious who said what if you just read. I simply clicked "reply" on your post and started from there..then replied to various quotes from various people.. no where did i ever say those quotes were from you. I'm sorry that i didnt feel like making 5 different posts..

You replied to my post I believe. Therefore it stands to reason that if you mention no other names then people assume your quotes are from statements I made. My second comment was to correct a patently obvious oversight on your part. If you take offence to being taught the structure of an English sentence then at least read a post fully before replying and when replying don't misquote people.

I can hardly be accountable for what others say.

M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
Necroman, if you think anyone is going to feel intimidated to stand down from supporting the President by the opinions of anyone on some internet forum, let alone moderators, then you're mistaken.

When you say "the blood" will be on our hands, has it never occurred to you that Saddam spilled blood first? Has it never occurred to you that our true intention is to stop him from spilling more blood? Has it never occurred to you that Saddam Hussein can and will spill more blood to fulfill his dreams of domination?

If you think the so-called "pro-war" people are the bad guys, then you need to look in the mirror and question your sanity. You need to do that because there's a butcher ruling Iraq from his palaces in Baghdad who does not care about you, your family, or the lives of the 2 million Muslims he killed in the 7-years war (1981-87) between Iraq and Iran. And then you need to ask yourself why a forum moderator's opinions would matter any more than would anyone else's.

N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
When you say "the blood" will be on our hands, has it never occurred to you that Saddam spilled blood first?

Iraq has paid for its crimes. It was in accordance with the international law.

Has it never occurred to you that our true intention is to stop him from spilling more blood?

You must not kill your neighbour no matter what your true intentions are. You must respect the law, otherwise the world is going to fall into anarchy.

Has it never occurred to you that Saddam Hussein can and will spill more blood to fulfill his dreams of domination?

Stop saying nonsense about his dreams. We're speaking about alive people here.

And then you need to ask yourself why a forum moderator's opinions would matter any more than would anyone else's.

Because I find it strange that the people who are often the first to express their opinions on any subject are keeping silent now.

Sincerely,
Necroman, #mIRC @ Undernet
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
R
Quote:

Iraq has paid for its crimes. It was in accordance with the international law.

I'm sure that you recall that part of the "punishment" was that iraq was obligued to disarm - There is now evidence that that may not have happened (such as that contained in the blix report)
Also remember that iraq is STILL under trade controls as a result of their crimes...
So to say they have paid for their crimes when the "punishment" is still going on suggests you think less of their crimes than the internaltional community does...

Quote:

Because I find it strange that the people who are often the first to express their opinions on any subject are keeping silent now.

Forum moderators are required to keep professional in what they do
Joining what is, in essence, an argument which neither side could win would decrease the respect that some members of one side of the argument has for the moderators who said they supported the other side

Personally, I applaud the moderators for not participating (or, alternatively, I applaud the person who told them not to)

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Speaking for myself, i'm unsure why you feel all moderators need to express their opinion on this subject. My point of view is mine as a person, not as a moderator. We dont set ourselves up as arbiters of good vs evil nor would we presume to speak for Khaled. We are here to comment on mIRC related problems, and in response to questions may repeat something he has said or written. When we edit or delete posts, or ask ppl to not indulge in name calling or rudeness we arent setting ourselves up as judges of good/evil but are asking ppl to behave with common courtesy and common sense just as we do in #mIRC.

We are admittedly biased with regards to mIRC, Khaled, and Krejt. Obviously we must like mIRC or we wouldnt have spent years in mIRC channels and here doing our best to help ppl. I consider Khaled and Krejt to be friends, and i tend to be protective of my friends and that no doubt colors some of my responses. I fully support their right to put anything they want on THEIR website, as i support the right of anyone to have and state their opinions, expecting only that they do so with common courtesy. The original post here questioned that right, to which Krejt responded. It certainly isnt up to me, any moderator, or anyone else to dictate what they can/cant do on their website nor to explain their reasons for doing so.

So you feel you "need to know" what kind of person i am and apparently feel you can only get the answer to that based on my opinion on this one subject? I am the "kind of person" who has spent much of my free time for the past 7 years helping ppl online. If you look at my profile, you will see that i have spent the majority of my life responding to fires and medical emergencies... if that doesnt tell you the "kind of person" i am, i dunno what will. Yes, the subject of this thread is a "life or death" issue. Trust me, i am more familiar with life or death issues than you will ever want to be, and whether or not i state my opinion on this forum isnt going to matter one bit.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I agree that the forum moderators shouldn't jump in on this one...unless it's to lock the topic. It's quite evident now that this thread has gone WAY off the original topic and the people who have posted here - myself included - have used it as a platform to air their views on the subject. I think it's pointless to continue it now - people aren't going to change their minds unless there is hard evidence as to why they should. And looking at some of the posts, even then they might not. I still applaud Khaled and Krejt for posting the link on the main page though - if people don't like it, they don't have to follow it!

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
No one has told us not to get involved.. personally i am here to answer questions about mIRC/IRC, however i felt Necroman's comments regarding moderators needed to be responded to.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
Thanks for your reply, ParaBrat. I didn't mean all the moderators should reply - I just hoped to see that at least some of you have hearts and do care.

Sincerely,
Necroman, #mIRC @ Undernet
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Yup, I think this is a good moment to close this thread. Thanks to you all for your comments! I appreciated the contributions to this discussion a lot, even the ones I didnt agree with. smile
Better to have some disagreement then no discussion at all....

Best wishes,

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard