mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
I used it to read data on my NTFS XP machine, and my school NTFS 2k machine "out of the box". So I guess it works fine.

You won't like it when I get angry.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just curous, how many HDDs are you running on the system that is "fubar" (a lack of better terms)? I'm excluding partions to be clear, but physical HDDs.

-KingTomato
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Just one. I've been looking to get at least one other drive for backup purposes for around 6 months but haven't due to major lack of cash. I'm always paranoid about backing up data ever since I lost two HDDs within a year to hardware failure, the trouble is CDs just aren't practical for the volume of data.

Anyway, Knoppix is working, so in around 14 more CD transfers I'll be able to reformat and start over! ...Then I get to shift it all back across again...

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
there are experiments with new NTFS drivers for *nix/*bsd systems but none of them is working without problems :-P

at the moment you can only read NTFS drives with another OS then NT

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Ummm well I have FreeBSD 4.10 running fine with NTSF so I dont know what your talking about

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Well I finally finished backing it all up. I decided to run Recovery Console anyway and one FIXMBR later it was all up and running, making the last two days completely redundant shocked. Oh well, at least I've now got a decent backup for next time.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard