mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
root66 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
the identifier $cd works like $mircdir in the sense that you can put text right behind it like $mircdirmirc.exe ... THIS IS VERY ANNOYING. I am doing cd player stuff and I can't even start any of my identifiers with "cd" because of this stupid $cd identifer that I never even use. Why did Khaled have to chose such a common letter combination for an identifier that works this way? I really really hate this.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Its 'cd' because, it refers to the currentdirectory in a fileserver it just so happens that DOS also uses 'cd' for the same reason.

Something tells me Khaled isnt going to rename it just because you want to start an alias with 'cd' when you can stop being so picky and use something else.

Eamonn.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Use $_cd*, problem solved. Breaking backwards compatability with all scripts using $cd so that you can use the exact alias name you want doesn't seem like a good idea does it?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
You can always use a not-so-well-known feature of mirc to solve the problem. Try the following:

alias cd {
;Your code goes here
}

Now, instead of using $cd in your code, try using $.cd or$/cd. Using the identifiers in this way lets mirc know that you want a result returned from your own code vesus mIRC's internal code.

O
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
O
wow, your on ignorant idvidual, why cant you just use a diffrent alias, he would have to edit his whole program cuse one little lazy baby wants to sue a damn alias, aww poor baby

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
There is no need for insults, it only starts flame wars. We expect people to be courteous to others at all times smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Quote:
Its 'cd' because, it refers to the currentdirectory in a fileserver it just so happens that DOS also uses 'cd' for the same reason.

cd in dos means change directory.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
hmm, You are correct actually, 'appologies wink

Eamonn.

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Actually its both