Print Thread
#94619 17/08/04 10:42 PM
L
Laban Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
I'd like some sort of mIRC terminal server solution. I'm wantering around on different computers all the time. For me it would be great to have a client/server solution inside mIRC so that I can connect to my home-mIRC or something like that and see all messages and chats right there. Is anyone else in need of this? I'm not talking about just a bouncer, it's more like a virtual mIRC that looks and feels just like the normal one, but it's just a terminal for it.

I'm asking because I'm kinda lacking the time to develop this on my own. I've also been thinking about making a similar web-based solution (php backend). Am I crazy? =)

!ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
#94620 17/08/04 10:59 PM
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Why stop at mIRC?
Maybe you should check out Remote Administrator (if you have winXP) or VNC (tightVNC, winVNC, ...) to send your entire screen to another computer and allow you to interact with it.

If you want easy and secure access: get a linux account (or install it on your computer) and run irssi in a screen smile That way you can connect from everywhere (use putty ssh client on windows, on linux just ssh)

#94621 17/08/04 11:00 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
no you're not crazy, world is square

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
#94622 18/08/04 02:27 AM
L
Laban Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
I'm very aware of those solutions, and I'm currently using those you mentioned and a few others, but that's not the point. I don't want full remote. I just want a to remote to mIRC.

!ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT

Link Copied to Clipboard