mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
Zeusbwr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Z
Will there ever be such a thing as color coded mirc script? and the editor having more advanced features?

I would die for the color coded mirc script editor. variables colors, if statements colors, identifiers colors, aliases, ect..

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
this has been suggested about a million times so far, and its looking unlikely we'll ever see the built in script editor modified like that.

To steal Mentality's bit, Khaled never announces any changes before a new mIRC is released, so you never know, it might end up in the next release, but i doubt it

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
however...the mirc scripting language is well documented, so feel free to write your own externaal editor

Z
Zeusbwr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Z
trust me, i would if i could :tongue:. Cuz boy i would love it lol

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Meditor by RG has syntax highlighting if you want to use that until (if) it's added to mIRC.

New username: hixxy
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
It would be nice to see that added, but I have a more immediate solution that would not take 20 minutes to add into mirc... An option for an external script editor. I already have another editor that I prefer, and I have a custom window that lists all the scripts I am running and lets you double click one to edit it in the program. This is a tedious workaround for something that could be easily incorporated directly into mirc.

Link Copied to Clipboard