mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#9321 02/02/03 04:50 AM
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M

Yuck. Nothing personal against Khaled. It just doesn't look good if you have lots of them going up at the same time.

Lets suppose that someone needs lots of these sorts of windows for server notices (opers), services messages (custom nickserv/chanserv stuff), or even just script messages - having a window pop up with that @ box thing in both the main taskbar and the window itself doesn't look as good as it COULD look.

I really didn't have many original ideas of my own on this matter. I'm sure other people would though.

#9322 02/02/03 05:56 AM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
/help /window

#9323 02/02/03 06:10 AM
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
I have looked at most, if not all, of the various types of /window commands (there ARE a lot of them).

Now... lets take a look at the +k[N] switch. This doesn't actually turn off the item I pointed to. It just takes @ out of the displayed name in the window. It doesn't take out the small @ picture.

The -h switch would remove the @ picture, but only until you needed to reactivate the window.

The other alternative would be to use +d, but that would mean a scripter would have to redraw the entire window themself. It could be done (I have done something like that before), but less experienced dudes would have a hard time with it, AND you would have to prompt the user and have various types of defaults in place for each WinXP theme, etc. etc. it gets very complicated. So it would be nice if we could hide the @ picture without redrawing the window ourselves. ^_^

Last edited by MegaZeroX; 02/02/03 06:11 AM.
#9324 02/02/03 05:13 PM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
/window [-abBcCdeEfg[N]hikl[N]mnoprRsvwxz] [-tN,..,N] [+bdeflLmnstx] <@name> [x y [w h]] [/command] [popup.txt] [font [size]] [iconfile [N]]

LOOK..IT SAYS ICONFILE AT THE END. thank you, please come again.

#9325 02/02/03 09:29 PM
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
vcv, I don't appreciate your rude respose. I asked to be helped, not lectured.

I asked for a switch that would turn off the @ icon in both the window titlebar and the mIRC switchbar.

iconfile does just half of that. If I'm wrong, or there's another way to turn off the default @ icon in the switchbar as well, feel free to tell me.

And if there isn't, I'd like to request that a minus switch be added to replace the iconfile in the switchbar as well. That would be a nice little addition, I think. smile

#9326 02/02/03 11:54 PM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Hm.. didn't know the switchbar didn't update accordingly... apologies.

#9327 03/02/03 02:58 AM
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
dont think its possible, only if you add a custom switchbar with kTools.dll and MDX.dll then implement the icon...
good idea of addition though...

And while we're on the subject of windows.. I suggest making a value (-m or something) to picwins so they are moveable, sure you can script them... but it would be more effecient to have a tag.

-
E-Mail: mirc_sabby@hotmail.com
Network: irc.enterthegame.com
Channel: #Helpdesk
#9328 03/02/03 05:32 AM
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Whats really funny is that I heard about MDX for the first time earlier today (basically totally in an unrelated matter to what I was doing with the icons above) and it scares the crap out of me.

I think I know a lot of scripting, but MDX and a few of the other ones make me feel like a novice again. I'm thankful that MDX exists though. Its always nice to think that there's more you haven't done yet. New possibilities and stuff.

Thanks for telling me about the other DLL file. I'll look into those things. (And I still hope a switch gets added to update the switchbar with a custom icon)

#9329 04/02/03 03:04 AM
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
yea....

theres MDX.dll ; views.mdx ; bars.mdx ; ctl_gen.mdx
kTools.dll ; tbwin.dll ; systray.dll ; and on and on....

if you need a good dll site go here

-
E-Mail: mirc_sabby@hotmail.com
Network: irc.enterthegame.com
Channel: #Helpdesk
#9330 08/02/03 12:06 AM
K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
The command /window k0 @NAME will remove the @ symbol and make it appear as just "NAME" instead of "@NAME". I don't know if that's what you wanted.

Link Copied to Clipboard