mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
i find them to be a waste these days ...

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
i do, coz i dont need to look at damn clock to see current time ?

+ if i monitor important log events, i can naturaly see time and date when event took place

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I do because mIRC looks odd without it.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
> find them to be a waste these days ...

these days?
past days were different ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It looks better than not having it but also I like the exact time and date everything happens so I use [HH:nn:ss - dd/mm/yy] and the computer clock is syncronised to the telephone time service (voice recorded time messages)

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
have always had timestamps on mine in this format: (h:nntt)

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Never occurred to me to remove the timestamping, have used it without giving it a 2nd thought. smile

Last edited by Talea; 04/08/04 11:07 AM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
A lot of the channels I use are idle for long periods of time and then maybe a conversation will appear out of the blue. When I come back from idling myself it's important to know whether the conversation I see on the screen occurred in the last few minutes and that people might still be around or whether it happened hours ago and I'll be wasting my time trying to talk to any of them.

I just use the basic [HH:nn:ss] format. I've never been on a channel so idle that I couldn't tell what day something happened on.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Same here, except I omit the seconds. It's just a waste of space on this 800x600 screen wink

D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
D
I've always used the [hh:nn:sstt] mostly because I like to look and see how rapidly things are being said, when conversations ended, etc. I also use it for logging purposes. I've tried adding stuff to mine and taking stuff away (ie using HH or nix'ing the seconds), but I'm so used to what I have now, anything else looks odd wink

Dotty
Second star to the right and straight on til morning.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I've always used it in one form or another. I just liked seeing when things were said ion case of lag, me being idle, logging, or other reasons. I havent NOT used it since about some 4.?? version maybe

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
i use timestamps for various reason. being an IRC Admin timestamps can be very useful. like taking the minutes of meetings between staff members and arguments and complaints from other users. when i executed a gline or something else along those lines.

i also use mircstats which requires a timestamped log. but thats on another copy of mirc i have smile

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
I do use them because mIRC is running 24/7 on my computer, and when I come back from work, I know when people wanted to talk to me, or when someone left.

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Just HHnnss here smile Those [:] thingies take too much space, and that AMPM is just extra length for nothing imho (+ I need about 15 seconds to figure out again which part of day AM or PM is anyways).

I'm thinking about adding a date line at 00:00 each night, not only because some chans I'm on are THAT idle, but also because it's difficult for me to know how many days ago something in my backlog happened...

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
and that AMPM is just extra length for nothing imho (+ I need about 15 seconds to figure out again which part of day AM or PM is anyways).

That's why I use the HH:nn.ss format. I prefer the 24 hour clock system to the am/pm system. I always have since I used a punch clock for my first job. It used a 24 hour and 1/100th for minutes (converting from 60 minutes to a standard decimal format) tho I DONT like that for IRC.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard