mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#9252 01/02/03 10:00 PM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
There's a problem that occurs in mIRC when you have AC3 codec installed for Windows Media Player. The codec causes problems when listening to MP3's in mIRC. You can hear the song fine, but after every beat there's like a pounding echoing beat to it (so it's like double beats for every beat). I would just like to bring this to the attention of Khaled (hopefully) so he can try to do something about this in the next version of mIRC, because I've heard of many other users having this same problem.

Thanks for your time smile

------------------
*** ArcticFire ***
#9253 01/02/03 10:47 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Seeing as this happens when using AC3 codecs isn't there an equal chance of the problem being with those? I'm not saying it's not a mIRC bug, but it's 50/50 from the info I've seen on the subject. I was just wondering if anyone has actually contacted someone involved in creating the codecs or if anyone has good evidence to suggest mIRC is the problem.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#9254 01/02/03 10:48 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Yes, ppl have reported an assortment of probs with media player/codecs. I have had a prob occasionally myself since i accidently let the lastest version of MP install..but thats when i wont let it access the web. I forget the exact details, but unless MP can access the web, some things in it wont work right. (gee, would MS really do something like that? *snort* )

Keep in mind that mIRC itself does NOT play the mp3s, it only sends the request to windows, which then pokes MP.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#9255 01/02/03 11:12 PM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Well, mIRC plays it's MP3's from WMP, so yes the codec's are to blame. But after the codec installation I've played MP3's in WMP and mIRC. WMP plays the files perfectly while mIRC causes problems, so therefore it has to be something inside of mIRC that's causing this. So that's basically my evidence that mIRC is the problem, since the files play fine on all other players.

------------------
*** ArcticFire ***
#9256 02/02/03 05:55 AM
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
yeah got that too, after i installed the nimo pack, if i disabled the ac3 in the install it worked fine in both wmp and mirc, but when it was installed with ac3 in wmp it played fine and in mirc not

#9257 02/02/03 03:40 PM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
that's exactly what i have to keep doing - uninstall the nimo pack. it's a pain to keep installing/uninstalling whenever i wanna watch a movie on wmp and music on mirc. hopefully this problem with get some attention by the right people

------------------
*** ArcticFire ***

Link Copied to Clipboard