mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
KorgBoy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
I'm running winxp, and I was completely clueless as to why I kept getting disconnected so much....sometimes every 10 minutes...sometimes every half hour to 1 hour. This had been happening for a whole year now. I kept thinking it's something to do with the irc servers, or there's a hidden vulnerability where people could send some kind of message to bomb and disconnect us, so it didn't even occur to me that I should do a google search about what might be causing this thing. Anyway, tonight I finally did a google search and tried recommended things such as to set up a server ping script, and anti-idle script. None of these worked until I tried this guy's suggestion......

https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...=3&vc=1

I followed the suggestion to remove everything from my REMOTE script (ok...I backed up all the things in my remote script first), then deleted everything inside the original REMOTE script to make it blank. This meant that the remote script was completely empty. I then fired up the mirc 6.16 again (earlier I was using 6.14 or something but decided to try the latest version in case there was a vulnerability in 6.14). The software abort thing has really disappeared. So my problem was definitely something to do with MIRC. I'm a fan of Mirc actually, and I like it a lot and it's the only irc software I'll use.....but I'm just posting this information so that others can give this a try as well to see if their software abort problem goes away after trying it.

Sure.....other people with other systems may be affected in other ways to get the 10053 problem. But clearing out the remote script has definitely made my problem disappear. Considering the frequency of the 10053 disconnecions I had before....nothing's been happening for quite a while now.

I might also add that the simple little scripts I had in my remote script were truly simple, and there were just a couple of lines of them only (ones that I just put in....really simple ones). So there was nothing in the scripts that would loop around, send out messages at intervals etc. Nothing like that at all.

That's what I wanted to say in case it helps anyone.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Thanks for posting feedback, it's very helpful when people reply to a thread saying what worked for them so that everyone knows what suggestions help, and that a certain issue has been resolved.

Glad this forum was of help to you smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
K
KorgBoy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
You're welcome anytime. I thought I'd just paste the contents that I had in my remote script (ie script.ini) just to be specific about what I had in there....

It just contained this...

ctcp 1:ping:?:/notice $nick aiyaaaAAAAaaA!!!! | /halt
ctcp 1:time:?:/notice $nick aiyaaaAAAAaaA!!!! Colorado Mountain Time is $asctime(hh:nn:ss) | /halt
on 1:UNOTIFY:if ($nick == somenick) { /msg $me test }

I was connected to irc.secsup.org for maybe 24 hours after I had removed all of these script commands, without getting the 10053 anymore. Then I thought I'd try to put the commands back in due to curiosity. About 15 to 20 minutes later, I got disconnected. I then connected again to irc.secsup.org and disconnected again with 5 minutes. I removed the script commands, restarted mirc, and now everything seems fine again. I thought that it'd be a good idea to just keep trying this on and off again enough times in order to make sure the remote script has something to do with the disconnection. So far, it really seems like it. But if I do get the 10053 coming back again (even with no content in the remote script) I'll be sure to follow up with a post update.

Link Copied to Clipboard