mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
of late (past 2 months or so) i am not being able to use mirc. whenever i try to connect:

1) i get connected then after 10-20 seconds i get an error message {[10054] Connection reset by peer}

2) am not able to connect get the message:
Unable to connect to server (no buffer space available)

i want to add that there is 1.38GB free space in my `C' drive, where mirc' is installed after taking into consideration `10%' for the trash bin. i'm using v6.16 of mirc and my o/s in windows 98se with a p4/1.88g processor with 512mb of ram. any thing helpful would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance... rajababu

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Peer is a tough one, it can be caused by so many things. See if the info on both those errors in this thread help any.

Since 98se has that annoying memory leak, did you for grins check how much free resources you have when it happens?

Altho it may not be related to your issue, 98se does have an issue with vcache when you have 256+ram, basically Win98SE will use all available memory for its disk cacheing. No limits are set by default. The file activity of DCC sends can cause the cache to fill up rapidly, generally resolved by tweaking the vcache settings in your system.ini.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard