DriveListBox Control
FileListBox Control
Progress Bar
Slide Bar
Status Bar
Tree View
Line
What's This? Buttons

5. Expand the on KEYDOWN and on KEYUP events to work in windows other than just @windows.

#91949 27/07/04 08:28 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
1. Agreed.

2. I don't really care either way considering i've never used an array or needed to use an array before.

3. Not really sure what they are.

4. Agreed, I also think a toolbar control would be good too, that way we could make substitutes for tabs without needing to use an external dll.

5. I really want that implemented also, but I never suggested it because I thought a lot of people would shoot it down by saying about the amount of keyloggers that would be made.

New username: hixxy
#91950 27/07/04 08:48 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
4. ^_^ someone uses vb... but it needs a folderlistbox too..

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
#91951 31/07/04 06:08 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
1. Yea, but this is always ends up in a heated discussion against having them, or not having them. I'd personally like to see them.
2. Don't care either way, as you do have hash tables that you can reference with an index, as well as [] evaluation brackets on variables.
3. alias $const { return vlaue }
echo My constant is set to $const
4. Any new controls would be welcomed ;d
5. I can see uses for this, sure.

-KingTomato
#91952 04/08/04 11:16 AM
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
1. The only programming benefit of a for loop is that it allows a block-level conditional variable like a counter or a check-boolean that is gone the second the loop is done. Given that variables that are set with /var expire once an alias or event that called it is done anyway, this is probably not a good reason to add for loops. As an easy programming construction it might be nice, but since functionally it is equivalent to a while with explicit variable, it's only syntactic sugar. Nice sugar, but sugar nonetheless.

2. good idea, though you can of course create an function that "fakes" an array, thus having array functionality for now. It'd be slower than a real array, and the syntax wouldn't be like most programming languages, but then again neither are most other functions in mIRC script =)

3. /set already creates persistent global variables, which can be inspected in the variables tab in the script editor. Write your scripts so that it doesn't modify a gloabl variable and viola, you have a constant. If you write your scripts properly, you wouldn't try to modify a constant anyway, so there's no need to add an explicit constant construction, really.

4: Sounds like you want to extend mIRC to a full fledged file manager... this is still and IRC client =)

5. It might make more sense to add a general ONKEYPRESSED event then, and have an event-local $keypressed variable that contains the key, and a $keymodifier that contains the 6-bit numerical value of ctrl/alt/shift combinations used with the key.

Link Copied to Clipboard