mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
PSX Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
YET again my entire servers.ini file has been completely wiped after I was forced to reset my computer this evening. I had to press the reset button because the system would not respond, and when I logged back onto mIRC I saw to my disgust that for the 3rd time all my servers have been lost. Evidently I should trust the application less and back up the directory from now on, but my question is this:

Will mIRC by any chance have backed up my servers.ini anywhere??
Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again?

Your help would be appreciated

Alex

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC doesn't back files up that I know of. You can get the latest servers.ini file here. If your computer crashes repeatedly then it is very likely that it needs some maintenance. A full virus scan, disc defrag, general cleanup of files or programmes that are no longer needed, perhaps a download of the latest version of mIRC, etc.

P
PSX Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Thanks for the suggestion.. though it doesn't really explain why mIRC can't just resort to its last known servers.ini in case it can't shut down properly.. Is there somewhere I can write my suggestions for further patches?

Alex

T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
In order to make mIRC flush INI's to disk, type /saveini

You could also do something like this if you're experiencing frequent troubles:

on *:START: { .timer 0 60 .saveini }

That will make mIRC save its INI files once a minute, but I'd reccomend a longer interval.

P
PSX Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
That script does save the .ini files but doesn't seem to be saving servers.ini... any clue why?

Thanks

Alex

Link Copied to Clipboard