mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
I've been having a problem with my mIRC where things do not show up properly. When I join channels, greetings do not fully show up, only the first line does, or when I access myself, it does not show the full line and it also happens with other IRC commands and such.

Here are examples:

<pV-dim0rph1sm`> !access
-ChanServ- pV-dim0rph1sm` (dim0rph1sm) has access
-ChanServ- [pV-dim0rph1sm`] [

It does not show the rest of the access line and the bottom thing is my setinfo which also doesnt show up at all either.

Here's an example of the greeting:

-ChanServ- (#lanferno) Welcome to LANferno please

It should have about 2 more lines after that but they don't show up at all.

I used to use mIRC 6.03 and that's when the problem started occurring RANDOMLY.. so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't work, I've also tried uninstalling and deleting the files then I have tried different mIRC versions and I'm currently using the newest one 6.16, they all have the same problem which I can't figure out how to fix.

Please reply if you have heard of this before or basically just know how to fix it, thanks.

Y
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Y
If you are running a script, then it's possible for it to have a very strict private flooding rule: 2 lines in 2 seconds will get the host sending you the message ignored. (just an example) It might set a *temp* ignore, that will obviously block the remaining part of the message.

Last edited by YounGun; 26/07/04 06:09 AM.

Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. - Pablo Picasso
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
Hey again. I'm not currently running any mIRC script. I tried installing NoName Script before to see if it would fix my problems but it didn't so I uninstalled it and I still have the same problems. I don't think it's any protection type thing because the only thing I have on is "Enable Flood Protection" and I've had that on forever too even before I had this problem.

Also I heard from someone you need a bunch of commands in order to fix my problem. Here's what he said:
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> type
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> without .
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> .$MELINES0
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> what
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> its hard to explain
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> ;x ask support
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> what does that do
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> $MELINES0
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> doesnt work
-----------------------------------------
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> what did you do to fix it?
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> support. they gave me a few commands, I forgot them thought..

I tried asking #support on GameSurge but they had no idea either. I'm still trying to fix this problem so if you have any idea just reply, thanks for all your help.

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Before you connect, type /debug -p @@ and leave the @@ window open while you're chatting.

The next time you see half a message, check the window. If it has the full message then it's either a bad script or a weird behavior of mIRC that distorts the display. Otherwise, something is wrong with your connection (probably a router/bnc/proxy issue.)

Link Copied to Clipboard