Print Thread
#9128 31/01/03 09:41 PM
T
Tewl Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
I know in VB 6 all the dlls I compiled could only be used with the com command but since i have started playing with vb .net i was wondering if there is anyway to use mIRC's $dll with the libraries I compile and if so how do i go about it.

#9129 17/02/03 10:19 PM
P
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
P
VB .Net such as VB 6 are interpreted languages, but a package of runtime modules are required to run applications. VB .NET applications needs a .NET Framework to run on your PC and making DLLs for mIRC with these languages I think is impossible... I had built some DLLs for mIRC in C++, if you would develop with Visual Studio .NET you can create a "Win32 Project" from the project wizard, create a source file and if you would an header file and insert some function...
Note: you MUST include the standard entry point function to make mIRC to recognize the DLL... Take a look at the "DLL Support" chapter in mIRC help file for more informations...

Have Fun...

Paride.

wink#include your.mind wink
#9130 18/05/03 10:57 PM
J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
J
There's a program valled VBAdvance or VBAdvanced I don't remeber the link but I posted in another article here a bit more about it.

Basicly you can make VB export a function which you should then be able to access from mIRC. Never tried from mIRC but I know you can export the DLLRegister and unregister functions used by Regsvr32 so I assume mIRC can access them also.

Link Copied to Clipboard