mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#91147 20/07/04 12:40 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to request from users their quit message, like a ctcp version check will show what they are using? confused

We are adverse to XDCC Catcher and could keep them at bay with version check, but since they have started to use mirc version reply we can no longer find them until they quit. frown

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks,

Pete

AKA SingleDadPete

(sorry for the repeat post, I put it in the wrong forum first)
smile

V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
there is no way to do what you're suggesting, unless you did something like log quit messages and their associated usernames as people quit.

-Venoman

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You can try /ctcp nickname FINGER

to get their email/realname fields if they are 'generic' then that might work.. but the QUIT thing would require you to store their details on quit, and kickban them next time round.

Eamonn.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the replies, you both seem to be on the same track, get the nicks etc as they part then akill when they return, i've been trying to get snotice to msg me with nicks or masks, but i'm very new to all this and have had no luck at all in getting it to work, if either of you feel up to scripting a bit for me, I would appreciat it very much. I need snotice to find any or all of this: Quit: Make XDCC easier with XDCC Catcher: connect to 100s of servers and get 1000s of packs in a list. Check it out at http://www.xdcccatcher.com. (thats the full quit msg).

Then to msg me the parting nick/mask/host so that I can set an akill, or even set an akill on it automatically, or for me to just logit for future reference.

It sounds do-able to me, but is way over my very sparce knowledge of scripting.

If anyone fancies having ago, would love to hear from you.

Thanks once again,

Pete smile

AKA SingleDadPete

Link Copied to Clipboard