Print Thread
#90963 19/07/04 05:22 AM
S
Sashi Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
This might have been talked about before but it's late and I don't have time to look through the entire data base to find out if it has been.

I was wondering if there's a way to write in Japanese on mIRC? Someone in one of my usual channels keeps trying to type Kanji to me and I can't read it but she says there's a way to do it. So is there a download or option for this?

Does this make any sense at all? Thanks for any help.

#90964 19/07/04 07:24 AM
G
Babel fish
Babel fish
G
Have you tried using mIRC's translation section? Translations You might want to check it out there is a place there for japaneese. If you download that client (and dont override your current one) you can probably type it there. I have never tried it before. But it might be worth a try.

- Andrew Berquist, Windfyre Network
#90965 19/07/04 07:27 AM
G
Babel fish
Babel fish
G
Intresting. It seems to be a normal install of mIRC, in that case i dont think that mIRC supports that language... You could always just try a translator.. www.google.com and check for one searching for "Word Translation" or something of that sort.

- Andrew Berquist, Windfyre Network
#90966 19/07/04 12:16 PM
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
To write Japanese in mIRC, you need to set Japanese as your default language for non-Unicode applications. This takes quite a lot of fiddling with your control panels. You also normally need to have SJIS/JIS conversion enabled, but this should be turned on automatically in more recent versions.

#90967 19/07/04 02:40 PM
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Another thing you can do is to use a Japanese chat program specifically for the Japanese channels you're in. That way, you don't need to screw up your mIRC settings on account of the Japanese channels you're in.

Of course, if Microsoft would have just used the standard Japanese encoding in the first place... smirk

Link Copied to Clipboard