mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Q
Query Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Q
Hey guys I want to use the /play command to show a txt file on request. I now have;

}
ON *:TEXT:!readstoryoftheday:#riodejanairo: {
/play $nick story.txt
}

But since i sometimes use long stories this could get me kicked of the irc server smirk Does anyone know how to make it prevent this issue?

Thanks a lot you guys and girls are allways great help smile

Query

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Add a 'delay' on to the end of the play command. This means each line will be played with a specified interval between delays. The delay is set in miliseconds. For example:

/play $nick story.txt 3000

This would play story.txt to $nick and between every line would be a 3 second pause (3000 miliseconds).

For more help on play options see /help /play.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
also note that some servers will kick you off even when you apply ridiculously long delays. If you end up in that situation, remember that absolute worst case you can DCC chat with an individual, and since that is a direct PC to PC connection and doesn't involve the server, you're incapable of flooding yourself off the net and can paste or play as much text as you want.

-Venoman

Q
Query Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
THanks for the helpfull information, I will go with the nice solution given by Mentality (thanks laugh) and otherwise i will indeed just DCC the file smile Well thank you all for the input smile

Cheers smile

Link Copied to Clipboard