mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I figured out most part I downloaded some movies and winrar I used winzip to unzip them but I dont know what to do from there. PLease help!!!!!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
We do not help with the download, or indeed watching of, illegal material. Downloading movies is illegal. mIRC is not a file trading program - it is a CHAT program.

Please see this post.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
sorry

J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
J
You know I think that is totally ROTTEN of you to say.

Your under the impression just cause he wants to watch downloaded movies that their illegal. I can think of hundreds of LEGAL DOWNLOADABLE movies people can watch, but right off the bat you start approaching people as if everything they do is illegal. If you don't have anything good to say maybe you should say nothing, since we obviously have enough lawyers and prosecutors, we surely need no more.

Its shameful that someone cant ask a simple question without someone responding like there the law. mad

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Due to the massive amount of people that are asking for help on downloading illegal movies, we kinda have to assume the movies anyone is trying to download are illegal.

New username: hixxy
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Thanks for the backup. I do think it was a ton of bull because if you go there all you see is movies being downloaded and nobody chatting so ok whatever. If you are trying to steer yourself clear of an legal issues you sure could do a better job by hiding what people are downloading. Your dam straight about all these rules we are supposed to be a free society but yet again the moderator is a brit and they are still leaving in a monarchy as if someone is supposed to be better then someone else because of their blood.lines

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
People put hard work into making movies and regardless of how rich they are already you shouldn't steal from them.

Also, the moderators uphold the forums rules, they don't create them, if you have a problem with the rules then take it up with an admin, if i'm wrong and the moderators do make the rules, then ignore this.

New username: hixxy
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This isn't going to turn into another thread debating the politics, rights and wrongs of forum policy. We do not help with illegal file trading - I strongly believe if the original poster was downloading legitimately then they wouldn't have apologised and would have in fact specified the fact that I was wrong.

We have no control over what happens on IRC itself - mIRC is just an IRC client and we just help on these boards. What we don't have to do, and indeed WON'T do, is contribute to an existent problem even if we can't stop it completely.

The country I live in and how the state is run is not under my control. Please do not presume what a person's attitude is based on whether their country has a monarchy or not, that is totally ridiculous. I linked to a thread which outlines one of our few policies on this board, that is what decides my answers, not Queen Elizabeth II.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard