mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
eggnog Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
Well.. I came upon this one day, its not major since I dont think alot of people would make this mistake.. Theres a little nicklist section on the far side of it by the scrollbar (easier to find if you maximize the window) if you move your cursor to the right side of the screen as far as you can and right click the channel popup will come up instead of the nicklist.

Tested in 6.16 and 6.15 by a few people.. not sure if it affects any other versions (or if it could really be classified as a 'bug')

blush

- eggnog
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Indeed, I get a channel popup if I click the border line between the channel and nicklist, just right of the channel scrollbar. I even get this channel popup on all border lines, like the one just above the channel editbox, even where it separates the nicklist from the editbox. (mIRC 6.16 here)

To make it easier go to Options -> Display -> Options --> Visual styles, there you can set border color and size. Set size to 5 and it's a lot easier to get this 'bug'.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Indeed I don't know if this is a bug - it seems to have happened ever since you could resize the nicklist from the right side of the scrollbar. In versions prior to 6.0 the little <-> symbol would appear on the left side of the scrollbar closer to the channel window, whereby you could still right click and see channel popups. From mIRC 6.0 onwards it was 'changed' (intentionaly?) so the <-> symbol appears on the left hand side of the scrollbar. Tested specifically on 5.9, 5.91, 6.0, 6.1 and 6.15, XP Home.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard