Print Thread
#89945 10/07/04 05:48 PM
W
wazapi Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
W
when i try to connect to irc.gamesurge.net my irc decides that it is unable to resolve the server even though i know the server is there. i know im not banned from the server and i know its not any problem with my connection. I really need to be on there soon.
aim- jerett in usa

Last edited by wazapi; 10/07/04 06:05 PM.
#89946 10/07/04 05:57 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
There was another thread that mentioned problems with GameSurge. If it's an issue with Gamesurge only we cannot do anything about it, the server(s) have nothing to do with mIRC.

The best thing to do is wait - otherwise, check out the Forums on GameSurge's site and see if they can help you. You may also look for another server as it could just be that a couple of their servers are down. Try all of them - the unable to resolve server means that the address doesn't exist, basically.

Personally, I had no isses connecting to irc.gamesurge.net which forwarded me to Slim.NY.US.GameSurge.net.

As an FYI it is not a good idea to post your email address on the forum main, spam bots crawl the web and pick up email addresses to send junk mail to (spam).#

Edit: The #Support channel on GameSurge has this in their topic:

"If your friends can't connect, tell them to use /server 216.179.62.106"

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#89947 10/07/04 06:12 PM
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
yeah i have same problem, i was always able to connect there then last night i couldnt for the first time

very odd

#89948 11/07/04 06:46 PM
N
N
i cannot visit the gamesurge website either
is everything down?

all of my buddies can connect as well

#89949 11/07/04 08:14 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
All that we know is in the above posts and the links in the above posts nickypoo. It seems to be an issue with GameSurge and if they are having issues there is not much we can do. They may be restricting IPs that can connect which is why some of your friends may be able to connect. It has nothing to do with mIRC and you will simply have to wait.

Sorry for the inconvenience though, I should imagine it's frustrating, I too have been unable to connect to my fav network(s) in the past. You might like to try and choose another network to chat on temporarily, some ideas can be obtained at netsplit.de.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard