Print Thread
#89725 08/07/04 11:29 PM
N
nvafa Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
hi! I need to have a chanal on irc with password, i allso need to own it plz help.
ps. im new at this so plz explain with care.

thanks... confused

#89726 08/07/04 11:37 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hey there, welcome to the mIRC message board smile

For the most part in this post I'll assume you've managed to set up mIRC and get connected to an IRC network. You need to do this first in order to join a channel. If you have not then please see the How To Install page for detailed instructions that should make the process painless!

Once you are connected, all you need to do to create a channel on IRC is join it. To do this, type /join #ChannelName. If someone else (or several people) have already joined the channel with the same name then the channel already exists and you cannot 'own' it. You must choose another channel. Once you join an empty channel you will automatically be 'opped' in the channel (this is when you have the '@' symbol next to your nickname).

Now you own the channel, in basic terms. However...

...Some IRC networks have channel Services - the most popular names for these channel Services are ChanServ, X, Q or L. They are not humans, they are like robots. They have nothing to do with mIRC itself. Not all networks have channel Services, but a lot of them do. For help with channel Services go to the #Help channel on the network you use, or check out the network's website.

You may also like to type /help joining a channel in mIRC for some further information.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#89727 09/07/04 10:48 AM
N
nvafa Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
Channel Status: Channel is now waiting for an admin to accept or decline

does this prosses take a long time???

thanks again m8

#89728 09/07/04 11:35 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
That is a network-specific action, again it has nothing to do with mIRC. Obviously on the network you use channel registration needs to be checked by an administrator - because that involves human intervention it could be any length of time. If they are a serious network then I doubt it will take longer than 48 hours or less. That is not a definite amount of time though.

Basically, all you can do is wait, but it shouldn't take an excessively long amount of time. Again, you may want to ask for advice in the network's #Help channel or check out the network's website.

Happy chattin' smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#89729 09/07/04 11:39 AM
N
nvafa Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
thanks man!

Link Copied to Clipboard