mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#89510 07/07/04 08:15 PM
I
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
i can't send files trough dcc sends, but i can recieve them, does someone know how to solve this.
PS: i'm using internet sharing trough a network

<a href="irc://irc.uicn.net/infernalarts" target="_blank">irc://irc.uicn.net/infernalarts</a>
#89511 07/07/04 11:01 PM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
If you cant send through DCC there are usually a few common reasons why, either your IP is wrong, you're using a firewall wich blocks access to your ports like windowsXP built-in firewall, or any free or personal firewalls like Zonealarm, Tiny, Nortons, and so on. Then you might be using a router that needs to be configured for port-forwarding.

If you could provide some more details (what OS you use, your mirc version, do you use a firewall/router..and if so which Brand/Type) i'm sure we can point you in the right direction

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life
#89512 07/07/04 11:37 PM
I
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
i'm using win 2000 and i don't use a firewall or router, we just share conenction through a network and i am using mirc 6.12

<a href="irc://irc.uicn.net/infernalarts" target="_blank">irc://irc.uicn.net/infernalarts</a>
#89513 08/07/04 12:33 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
When you log on to a network with the mIRC that has the DCC problem type in any open window
/localinfo -u this should fix any IP mismatch that you may have, i assume by your last post you are using Windows ICS, if you still have DCC problems most #mIRC channels can offer you help try joining the one on your network, or one of the larger Networks like Undernet Efnet or Dalnet, you should get help easily there

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life

Link Copied to Clipboard