mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
davser Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
I got the version 6.03 in a website that has the licenced type of mirc marked as freeware... is that wrong? I know that now mirc is shareware, but with that version I'm using a freeware or shareware program???? confused

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Every version of mIRC is shareware.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The reason people seem to get confused is that mIRC 6.03 and below had the ability to disable the About dialog without registering. mIRC 6.1 and above do not allow this, you cannot get rid of the About dialog until you register.

As starbucks has said however, all versions of mIRC are shareware and it costs $20 to use them after the 30 days is up. Do note that mIRC doesn't STOP working but you will be bugged by the About dialog.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:

The reason people seem to get confused is that mIRC 6.03 and below had the ability to disable the About dialog without registering.

I don't really see how too many people could get confused about it because, every so often when ya fire up mIRC regardless if you disabled the about dialog, the mIRC registration page would pop up prompting you to register mIRC. Just thought I would make this an added note to your post.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
I always wondered why the register page popped up on occasion. Should have realised!

Link Copied to Clipboard