Print Thread
#88973 03/07/04 02:01 PM
W
wykis Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
When I Am Using Two mirc Programs ( One For Chat And Another For Bot ) , I Get Auto - Killed. How To Enable Identd server when i connect and when i am connected to disable it ? confused

#88974 03/07/04 02:31 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
For information on enabling identd and answers to a number of problems that you may come across trying to enable it, see this thread.

There are very few security issues associated with having port 113 (the port generally needed for IdentD) so I see little need to disable it once you are connected.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#88975 03/07/04 04:48 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
there is no need to disable the ident server. irc networks/servers usually only use it to check ur client (mIRC in this case) and the check only occurs when you first connect.

what i might suggest is you change your ident name. because in some instances the server checks your ident and tries to match it with other names that may not be acceptable or names that are associated with malicious scripts.

so again. my advice would be to change your ident name. and try to stay away from special characters

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#88976 03/07/04 05:34 PM
W
wykis Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
I wasn't Asking How TO Enable It On Firewalls And Stuff..I Was Asking WHen mIRC is connecting to sever, IdentD Server On Port 113 Would Be Enabled But When It Has Replied, It Would Not Be Active Because I Get AKILL sometimes When I Use My mIRC and Bot At The Same Time, Because Bot Doesn't Reply As Bot smirk confused confused confused confused

#88977 03/07/04 05:42 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Helping is made harder when you do not explain your problem correctly. Displaying the exact error message you get (with copy and paste) makes it easier usually.

If you're getting AKilled due to not replying to IdentD then that thread gives you information on how to enable it. The most simple way being /identd on. Usually this doesn't work on its own however, and you will need to enable identd to work through a firewall or router.

If you have enabled IdentD and you're still AKilled then you're going to need to wait for the AKill to expire or contact the network's administration. Follow any links or email addresses in the AKill message or check out the network's website for further information.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#88978 03/07/04 05:45 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
as i explained before. the ident check ONLY and i mean ONLY occurs when you first conenct to the server. now if your getting killed upon connection. its most likely because of the name you have set in your ident. read above for suggestions.

as for getting killed say... 5 minutes after connection. then its an ircop killing you. perhaps no bots are allowed?

whats the disconnection message you get when u get killed?

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#88979 03/07/04 09:10 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Options > Connect > Identd ... check the box to Enable only when connecting.

And don't start the second instance of mIRC until the first one has connected and joined channels (otherwise the second one will use the identd from the first)

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
#88980 03/07/04 10:59 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
(on unreal ircd) you can show that your bot is a bot by typing
Code:
//mode $me +B

on the bot. This will make a /whois show the client as a bot.

That might help you getting killed by an ircop, however if i was you i'd at least confirm that you are allowed bots and ask permission from the server owner/high ranking ircop.

Link Copied to Clipboard