Print Thread
H
heat84 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
disconnected.

Why do channel windows close when the server gets disconnected? That's really annoying. Llets say I search for a file on an IRC search engine then click on a pack # which causes the trigger to be pasted into the clipboard then paste the trigger into the channel and enqueue or start the download. Then lets say a few hours later the server gets disconnected. The channel window closes. After the server is reconnected I go to recent channels and click on the 1st one. UNLESS THE TRIGGER JUST HAPPENS TO STILL BE IN THE CLIPBOARD AND/OR I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE THE SEARCH ENGINE PAGE STILL OPEN, i HAVE TO SEARCH AGAIN ! Whereas if the channel window stayed open, I would simply have to scroll dow to the trigger and send it again.

It makes no sense that the channel(s) window closes when the server gets disconnected. I can't believe nobody else has complained about this or you haven't changed it. Mirc must be at least 10 yrs old. I guess that doesn't bode well for you responding to my complaint but its worth a shot.
Thanks

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Mirc can already do this try looking through options to find the setting.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
ALT+O > IRC - Check the box "keep channels open".

As a sidenote, mIRC is not a file trading program. 'Downloading' mp3s, movies, software and so on is illegal and a good way to be infected with a virus. It'd be great if you found some other program to perform such activities if you're absolutely adamant on doing so.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard