Print Thread
#88737 01/07/04 09:18 AM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Hello one and all,
I'm used to scripting on msn eyechat and a few other servers but needless to say they have more or less gone almost completely dead and there's in my opinion no real way to be able to chat on any of these existing networks considering msn has gone subscription and eyechat server is down most of the time.I'm an american and sad to say english is my only spoken/written language. i'm wanting to learn more about mirc as well as finding a new "home" so far as a server and chatroom.I usually like to script on mirc and also to more or less do light chat about rl. does anyone have any reccomendations as to a good server or a good chatroom that is fairly easy to get along on? thanks in advance and any help or advice is appreciated.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC's server list is a good way to start though there are also numerous websites which search for and log activity on the various IRC networks.

http://irc.netsplit.de/ is one though there are a few others.

I have to say that a chatroom with a meaningful discussion is hard to come across these days. Most are either intended for botnets or used for filetrading which I think is wrong.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Its hard to recommend any one server/network/channel (aside from the spamming angle). Everyone has their own favorite places to go for their own reasons. As Watchdog said, there are too many channels that only exist for filesharing or dont welcome new ppl. Its kind of like trying to find a new friend, you need to wander around and check places out till you find a comfy one.

A search on the site Watchdog suggested should help you find some places to check out, and once you are connected to a network, get a narrowed down, more specific list of their channels, like /list *script*

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Also, once you are more familiar with networks and channels, you can also search for a particular channel or whatnot at SearchIRC.com which you can utilize for future references.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
spamming aside. most beginners usually go to the larger networks such as dalnet or undernet and even EFnet. when i first started using mirc i would use DALnet. friendly place to start. but havent been there in ages. could say i found my own flavor in the IRC world smile

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk

Link Copied to Clipboard