Print Thread
#88716 30/06/04 10:05 PM
W
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
i have 2 questions to ask firstly,
i got this !peak script but it doesnt tell the time or date like its supposed to :-::: Channelpeak: 10 users ][ Set on: at :::
script = :-
ON *:JOIN:#idle: {
if ($nick($chan,0) > $($+(%,peak,$Network,$chan),2)) || (!$($+(%,peak,$Network,$chan),2)) {
set $+(%,peak,$network,$chan) $nick($chan,0)
set $timepeak $time(HH:nn:ss)
set $datepeak $date(dddd dd mmmm yyyy)
}
}
ON *:TEXT:!peak:#idle: {
msg $chan 7::: 13Channelpeak1:7 $($+(%,peak,$Network,$chan),2) 13users 7][ 13Set on1:7 $+ $datepeak at $+ $timepeak 7:::
}

ON *:INPUT:#idle: {
if ($1 == !peak) {
.timer 1 3 msg $chan 7::: 2Channelpeak1:10 $($+(%,peak,$Network,$chan),2) 2users 10][ 2Set on1:2 $+ $datepeak at $+ $timepeak 7:::
}
}

pls tell me what i can to to make it work and secondly
i am trying to make a voice on fileserver script for on an auto !list
BUT i cant get it to work because it does voice some people but if the use certain fileservers like upp it has wierd shapes
does anyone know how i can voice any people that have any atall response to !list instead ? ?
ill show you the script anyway :-on @*:text:*file*serv*:#anime-visual: { if ($nick isreg #anime-visual) pvoice $rand(2,10) #anime-visual $nick }
on *:notice:*file*serv*:?: { if (($nick isreg #anime-visual) && ($me isop #anime-visual)) pvoice $rand(2,10) #anime-visual $nick } }
on *:notice:*[Fserve Active]*:?: { if (($nick isreg #anime-visual) && ($me isop #anime-visual)) pvoice $rand(2,10) #anime-visual $nick } }
on *:notice:*•·File Server Online·•*:?: { if (($nick isreg #anime-visual) && ($me isop #anime-visual)) pvoice $rand(2,10) #anime-visual $nick } }
on *:notice:*<File Server Online>*:?: { if (($nick isreg #anime-visual) && ($me isop #anime-visual)) pvoice $rand(2,10) #anime-visual $nick } }

PLs help me with anypart unless you are criticising me thankyou

#88717 30/06/04 10:57 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Not really read through the script however, your using

set $VARIABLE

not,

set %VARIABLE

check that out, and you probably want them in the format:

$+(%,VARIABLENAME,$network,$chan)

like the first variable you are setting.

as for the 2nd "script" it looks like it does some nice filesharing function which we dont help with here, have a look here.

Eamonn.

#88718 01/07/04 11:34 AM
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
yeah, that's the question. I'ts looking like you want timepeak and datepeak to be %variables, not $identifiers. Did you already define the two as aliases that return values? If that's the case you can't /set them. If you intended for them to be variables, use % instead of $.

I'd also like to point out that while mIRC is primarily a chat program, it also has file sharing capabilities, that khaled implemented in the hopes that people would use it. At least, I can't think of any other possible reason he would have added file sharing functionality. Just because file sharing has the potential to be abused (people abuse their freedom of speech all the time, ever think of that?) doesn't mean there shouldn't be help available for those who want to use it. If the general consensus on this board is "file sharing? go away." then I'm appalled. whatsthedillio: feel free to private msg me if you're not able to get the answers you need from this board's regulars.

-Venoman

NOTE: I meant the above to be constructive criticizm; I'm merely stating my opinion. I hope I haven't offended anyone.

#88719 01/07/04 12:55 PM
F
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
F
Code:
on *:JOIN:#idle,[color:red]#morechanshere[/color]:{
 if ($nick($chan,0) &gt; [color:blue]%peak. [ $+ [ $+(#,[/color][color:gray].user[/color][color:blue]) ] ][/color]) {
  set [color:blue]%peak. [ $+ [ $+(#,[/color][color:gray].user[/color][color:blue]) ] ][/color] [color:green]$nick($chan,0)[/color]
  set [color:blue]%peak. [ $+ [ $+(#,[/color][color:gray].date[/color][color:blue]) ] ][/color] [color:green]$date(dddd dd mmmm yyyy)[/color]
  set [color:blue]%peak. [ $+ [ $+(#,[/color][color:gray].time[/color][color:blue]) ] ][/color] [color:green]$time(HH:nn:ss)[/color]
 }
}

Code:
on *:TEXT:!peak:#idle,[color:red]#morechanshere[/color]:{
 [color:orange]{anti-flood snippet here}*[/color]
 msg # Channel peak is [color:blue]%peak. [ $+ [ $+(#,[/color][color:gray].user[/color][color:blue]) ] ][/color] users &lt;&gt; $&amp;
    seen on [color:blue]%peak. [ $+ [ $+(#,[/color][color:gray].date[/color][color:blue]) ] ][/color] at  [color:blue]%peak. [ $+ [ $+(#,[/color][color:gray].time[/color][color:blue]) ] ][/color]
}

anti-flood snippet:
Code:
{ if (%peak_flood &gt;= 3) return | inc -u30 %peak_flood }

#88720 01/07/04 03:28 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Eh, i just found out help is forbidden here, so take it to mircscripts.org! frown

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
#88721 01/07/04 04:02 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
OK so are you going to become a troll now because you don't like what one person said to you?

You weren't specifically posting help, you were posting a link to your script which nobody had asked for - there's a big difference there. Yes, maybe it might help someone who happened to need what you just made, but if they really needed it then they would have asked here and then you could've told them. Imagine if everyone who came here posted new threads about new commands and scripts they've written, it would be impossible to find the actual requests for help between all the people like you who were misguidedly trying to help and all the other posts that would be nothing short of spam.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#88722 01/07/04 04:35 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
This is how it starts, someone posts a reply and angers the individual, that individual (me) then posts his anger to others. I'm starting something, frown. So I'll just stop all together. Since your throwing the troll accusation at me then I assume it's time for me to shutup. Why is it when a person just posts about their ideas they are first told they are wrong then when they try to defend theirself they are deemed a troll? Who ever came up with the word troll for such things. (just shakes his head) I don't care, call me whatever, I'm not going to post another thing on here what so ever. I don't seem to be helpfull to anyone anyhow. And i don't know as much as all of you know about mirc anyways. I have no purpose here. Might as well not spread my anger onto you all. In the best interests of every one I'll just leave before it gets out of hand. No more posts from me.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
#88723 01/07/04 06:07 PM
W
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
thanx for all the replies i got it to work
by changing $peaktime and $peakdate
to $time and $date with your help thanks
:P

#88724 01/07/04 06:22 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Nobody is saying they don't appreciate your attempt to help people, but it would of been a lot more appreciated if you had posted it when someone had actually asked for that help.

Like starbucks_mafia said, your script probably helped a few people, but this isn't the place to be sharing scripts unless people have asked for that script.

If somebody had asked "how can i get info from a .wma" or similar, then your post would of been a lot more helpful because the post would of been more appropriate.

New username: hixxy

Link Copied to Clipboard