mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#88619 29/06/04 11:23 PM
Matrixx Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
is there a command that I can add in my script, when my nic joins a chan I click on the menubar, click Owner me and a box pops up where I can enter a key to give me owner status in the channel ?

Gary
#88620 30/06/04 12:50 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
menu channel {
owner me: mode $me +h $$?*="key?"
}

New username: hixxy
#88621 30/06/04 06:17 AM
Matrixx Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
this doesnt work confused

Gary
#88622 30/06/04 06:38 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I've never heard of being able to op (or owner) yourself when not opped already with /mode before, even if you need to provide a key. What is the exact format of the command? Replace it with what tidy_trax gave you, e.g.:

menu channel {
owner me:command here
}

For example, if the command was /msg ArnieServ owner #channel keyhere you would use:

menu channel {
owner me:/msg arnieserv owner #channel $$?*="key?"
}

The $$?*="key?" bit makes a dialog pop up asking you for the password, when you type it the letters/numbers will be covered with '*****' - it's considered the most 'secure' way of using a password as nobody near your screen can see it. When you type the key it will be inserted into the place where you put the $$?*="key?" bit, so in this example it comes out as:

-> *arnieserv* owner #channel thekeyyouspecified

Also note you should place the code in Remotes, ALT+R and in a new file, File > New. Don't place it in popups. Oh, and in this case, the popup will appear in the channel window and nowhere else - so you need to right click the channel window, not the nick list or elsewhere.

Hope that hasn't been too confusing smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#88623 30/06/04 09:53 AM
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
it's a MSN chat command.
mode $me +h ownerkey/hostkey

#88624 30/06/04 11:35 AM
Matrixx Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
ok this is what I have, thanks to Tidy..

Code:
menu channel {
owner me: mode $me +h $$?*="Enter key here?"

This works fine too, thanks

Just curious
Quote:
Also note you should place the code in Remotes, ALT+R and in a new file, File > New. Don't place it in popups. Oh, and in this case, the popup will appear in the channel window and nowhere else - so you need to right click the channel window, not the nick list or elsewhere.

Whats the reason for not placing this in popups, but by placing this in a new file in Remotes ??

Gary
#88625 30/06/04 02:50 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
The 'menu' prefix.

New username: hixxy
#88626 30/06/04 06:04 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:
Whats the reason for not placing this in popups, but by placing this in a new file in Remotes ??

The Popups section has a 'View' menu for each part where you can place popups. If you put the code 'menu channel { owner me: blah blah }' then the popup will be called 'menu channel', which is not the desired affect. It won't even show up in the channel area if you didn't place that code in the Channel popups section. Basically, 'menu channel' means nothing.

When putting popups in Remotes however, you need to prefix the words 'menu <area>' to make mIRC realise you intend the commands to be a popup. You can specify multiple menus with 'menu channel,nicklist { owner me: blah blah }' will place the popup in both channel and nicklist.

bloupx: MSN doesn't allow mIRC (or afaik any IRC client) to access it's chat feature. We don't condone using mIRC with MSN here.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard