mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#88439 28/06/04 12:30 AM
R
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
R
Is there Alt shortcuts like the F1 - F12 shortcuts. If so how would they enetered as an alias?

RockHound
#88440 28/06/04 12:37 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
hey there,

It's a good idea to read the help file before posting as it does contain a lot of information. I hope the following extract relates to what you're asking (Notice no /alt):

"Function Key support
You can redefine function keys to perform certain commands, just like aliases. For example:

/F1 /say Hello!
/sF2 /query $1
/cF3 /ctcp $1 version

The s and c prefixes for Shift key and Control key respectively.

Note: A function key will behave differently depending on the window in which it is used. For example, when using it in a query window the $1 parameter refers to the selected users nickname. If you're on a channel and the nickname listbox is active then the function key will work on the selected nicknames. If the listbox is not active, the function key will just work on the channel."

For further info about Aliases, see /help Aliases. I decided to include the whole appropriate section a) So other people may benefit from the answer to your question, say, when they use the search feature, and b) pure boredom.

Using COM you could make an /alt alias to do whatever the ALT key usually does (or indeed something else), as a simple example, if you wanted to open remotes by typing /altR you might use:

altR { var %a = oWSH $+ $ticks | .comopen %a WScript.Shell | .comclose %a $com(%a, SendKeys, 3, *bstr, % $+ R) }

..in the Aliases section (ALT+D).

Be aware, COM objects are not easy so it's not recommended you pursue this action unless you understand COM objects. You could search this forum or Google for tutorials.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#88441 28/06/04 12:55 AM
R
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
R
Mentality thanks for explaining that so very well. However I do not always limit my options to a help file. If it was not implemented in mIRC then someone might know of a dll or another way to get a feature like this working with mIRC. Possibilities are always endless

RockHound

Link Copied to Clipboard