#88117 25/06/04 11:32 AM
X
x3RiouS Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
Hello there, I have two questions.
1) Is there any way to disable the "target changed to fast" or the "excess flood" messages on quakenet that kicks the bot?
The problem is that when I make a bot on my clone and too many channels invite him and uses him he gets kicked from quakenet.
2) Is there any way to color a group of people or to auto-add some kind of a tag to users in a specific channel. (I want to make a channel that includes 3 different groups of people and I want it to be easy to notice and locate your group mates) .

10x!

#88118 25/06/04 11:46 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Quote:
2) Is there any way to color a group of people or to auto-add some kind of a tag to users in a specific channel. (I want to make a channel that includes 3 different groups of people and I want it to be easy to notice and locate your group mates) .

Firstly, add the users' nicknames to your user list with a unique level. This can be easil done with the /auser command.
Code:
/auser Group1 Nick1,Nick2,Nick3
[color:green];This will give Nick1, Nick2 and Nick3 the user level of Group1[/color]

Now using mIRC's Address Book (ALT+B) and the color tab, press Add and select the color and highlight method for 'Group1' then check the "User Levels" checkbox and enter the name of the group (user level) in the editbox below.

[edit]
Keep in mind that this will highlight the nickname with the matching user level on all common channels. Not any one specific channel
[/edit]

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Seifer; 25/06/04 11:47 AM.
#88119 25/06/04 12:17 PM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Quote:
1) Is there any way to disable the "target changed to fast"

This alternative to /msg makes use of CPRIVMSG where possible, to avoid that error:

alias cmsg {
  • var %i = 1, %c
    while $comchan($1,%i) {
    if $me !isreg $ifmatch {
    !.raw CPRIVMSG $1 $comchan($1,%i) : $+ $2-
    return
    }
    inc %i
    }
    msg $1-
}

(The above code goes into the Script Editor - Alt+R)

Quote:
or the "excess flood" messages on quakenet that kicks the bot

Enable your Server Flood Protection system (Alt+O >> IRC >> Flood) and check the option "Queue own messages".

#88120 25/06/04 12:50 PM
X
x3RiouS Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
10q Jason, yet I want all people that connect to the channek to be able to see this. Not only myself.
And 10x online...i'll try that.

#88121 25/06/04 09:57 PM
X
x3RiouS Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
Well...it doesn't seem to work. I did the following:
Code:
on *:text:!cmd:?:{
  /cprivmsg $nick #chan commands - info.
}

Yet it disconnects the bot from quakenet (Excess flood).
What's the problem? confused

#88122 25/06/04 11:27 PM
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Excess flood means you sent too much data (messages) too fast...
If you haven't already enabled flood control, do it now smile
CTRL-O >> IRC -> Flood ---> enable the check boxes before Own messages and Enable flood protection. If that doesn't help, set Trigger flood check after: to a lower number, like 200.

This will queue lines that are typed (or sent by a script) too quickly and wait a while before sending it. The bad part is that there can be some delay on messages your bot, but the good part is that your bot shouldn't be disconnected anymore for excess flood smile

You could also use /play for sending the bigger chunks of text, just put all text in a file and then /play -a cprivmsg $nick file.txt
/play will send all lines with a second pause between them, so there's less risk of being kicked off the server. Also see /help /play for more features and switches

#88123 26/06/04 10:02 AM
X
x3RiouS Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
Well...I did everything and it seemed to work.
Yet, i have a bot that runs the following lines:

Code:
if (%playernum == 10) {    
 msg #chan 14>>> 5[ 7,15The gather is now set with 10 players. The gather players will now recieve a PM with the ipass and their team.5 ]2<<<
 set %i 1
 while (%i <= 5) { 
  /cprivmsg %alpha. [ $+ [ %i ] ] 14>>> 5[7,15 Hello $nick !  Your team is: Alpha.  Your tag is: Alpha| $+ $nick $+ .  Plz use your real nick!  The Password is: %pass $+ .  The ip of the server is: %ip $+ . The map played is: %map $+ .  In case you have any trouble PM the gather admin: %admin. 5]2<<<
  %inc %i
 }
 set %i 1
 while (%i <= 5) { 
  /cprivmsg %bravo. [ $+ [ %i ] ] 14>>> 5[7,15 Hello $nick !  Your team is: Bravo.  Your tag is: Bravo| $+ $nick $+ .  Plz use your real nick!  The Password is: %pass $+ .  The ip of the server is: %ip + . The map played is: %map $+ .  In case you have any trouble PM the gather admin: %admin. 5]2<<<    
  %inc %i
 }
}

And it seems like nothing helps when running these lines, he allways gets kicked. Any ideas?

Link Copied to Clipboard