mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#88104 25/06/04 05:29 AM
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Is there a way to strip colors,bold font, and all caps, from one perticular user?

//edit\\ i'm about 99% sure this cant be done with the mirc options, ec, thats why i posted in teh scripts and addons section cool //edit\\

Last edited by LostServ; 25/06/04 05:33 AM.
#88105 25/06/04 06:46 AM
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
are you saying, from the text they type in a channel window? I'm guessing that's what you mean. In which case, use this:
Code:
on ^*:text:*:#: { 
  if ($nick == NICKHERE) {
    haltdef
    echo $chan < $+ $nick $+ > $strip($1-)
    halt
  }
}

Replace NICKHERE with the nickname you're talking about, then hit alt + r, then file - new and paste the above script and hit ok.

the above script is of course assuming your'e using regular mirc, and not a mirc script compilation like invision or sysreset. If you are using something like that, the above script will output the text twice, and the only way to get it to actually do what you want is to dig through their source and find their on text section(s) and integrate the above script with it. I gather that's a bit beyond your grasp though.

-Venoman

#88106 25/06/04 07:06 AM
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Ill try the code, next time he gets on...

Quote:
I gather that's a bit beyond your grasp though.

You said that almost to polite :tongue:
It's not that, it's just im not 80-90% perfect mIRC Coder, like some of you..I can code yes, but not some socket bot or w/e, thanks for the flame though, now apologize!

Some things do take the fun out of everything... Unfortunately, this time it was you. I don't take kindly to people bashing people, now if they're being really annoying, I wouldn't say a thing, but in this case all I did was ask a simple question..

#88107 25/06/04 11:15 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
/ignore -k <nick/address>

From the help file:

Quote:
The /ignore command

/ignore [-lrpcntikdwxu#] <on|off|nick/address> [type] [network]

Where p = private, c = channel, n = notice, t = ctcp, i = invite, k = control codes, d = dccs.

#88108 25/06/04 01:42 PM
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Ah, nice little feature without writing a script, if that script doesn't work ill use the ignore command, thanks Seifer

#88109 25/06/04 06:31 PM
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
I didn't mean that to be insulting, it's just the impression I got. If it isn't, then my all means go for it. just search for :text:#: in their script files.

Remember that when you read a post in a forum like this, you're interpreting the meaning behind it, since it's text. I honestly am trying to be helpful, so try to avoid taking things personally smile

-Venoman

Link Copied to Clipboard