mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
mizrika Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I only started using mIRC 3 days ago and when i try to join one of the DGT manga channels it says '#dgt unable to join channel (address is banned)' I'v only been on there 2 times and everything had been fine. How did this happen? and how can i get out of it???? frown PLease help me!!!

The world is full of surprises, we have to discover them one by one...
X
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
X
someone in the channel banned you. by accident or on purpose. You need to talk to a channel operator or the founder of that channel.
did they post a reason on the original kick/ban?

see this thread: banned

sometimes these are as bad as quit messages :tongue:
M
mizrika Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
No it didn't give a reason at all. It just says after unable to join channel (address is banned). This is fustrating!
Thanks though

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The 'address is banned' message is a regularly used default server message (i.e. mIRC doesn't give it). The message in brackets is not supposed to give you a reason (it can't) it just tells you that you are banned. When you get KICKED from the channel then an op (@) may give you a kick reason which is displayed in the message, i.e.:

* You were kicked from #channel by nickname (We don't want you here, spammer)

To semi-summarise the thread that was linked to above (I suggest you read it, it has good information), we can't help you with a channel ban because it has nothing to do with mIRC. Ops can kick you for whatever reason they like, even no reason. Contact the op that kicked you or another op and try and sort it out that way smile - You may also find this page of interest.

G'luck.

Regards.

Mentality/Chris
M
mizrika Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Just to let you know, you advises were very useful thanks very much. I've been unbanned from the site now by a friendly OP! grin

Thanks!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard