Print Thread
#87696 21/06/04 05:38 AM
N
Nodren Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
I am making a script that will be able to control winamp and itunes, so far i have the itunes portion of it completed(using com objects, was pretty easy) unfortunately, i havnt been able to get winamp working, i have checked for any com objects, couldnt find them, i downloaded there SDK and also didnt see anything(unless i missed something there) then finally i found a dll, swamp.dll which doesnt do what i need, it wont display the id3v2 tags which winamp supports.

so my question would be is there a way to control winamp through mIRC with out installing a plugin, this is what swamp.dll somewhat accomplished, so if anyone knows any methods i could use, or a .dll i'd appreciate it, thanks.

#87697 21/06/04 09:25 AM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Hammer wrote a detailed tutorial on using an external DLL to control Winamp with $com(). I don't know if it can retrieve the song title.

#87698 21/06/04 06:45 PM
N
Nodren Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
yeah after i posted(i should of done this first i know) i searched and found his post, it does post the artist and title, but in only a certain way, but its more then i had, so im gonna run with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard