mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
What about me being able 2 see it as well, everyone else can but me lol kinda sucks all that work and i cant see it myself unless someone else uses the tringer grin

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well, you could just use the /play command on it's own... for example, /play your-nickname file.txt 2000, you can type that in the editbox itself without a script.

If you want to do it for when you type, for example, !list to the channel however, then use the ON INPUT event as I described earlier, for example:

Code:
on *:input:#channel:{
if (!list isin $1) play $me !list.txt 2000
}

Then when you type !list yourself, you'll play the specified file to yourself. Do remember to change #channel to the channel name you want it to work on.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
I left the room and came back now it dont work . .

Last edited by born2ball; 18/06/04 01:24 AM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's no problem smile

I don't quite understand that question though - if you mean how can you get the list too, then the command above should send you it to yourself in Private Message ($me means your nickname).

If you're having issues, could you elaborate? :-)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
i left the room and came back now no one is gettin the !list command

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Cycling the channel should not affect how the script works at all. If you're inside the channel, if someone else types !list then it should still work provided you haven't changed anything. Make sure you have not put the ON TEXT and ON INPUT code together in the same file.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Okay, just curious, is there anyway i can make what pops up when typed !list green and when typed !hit red?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Quote:
There is no need to post 3 different posts in such a short time, these boards are not IRC and it could take a couple of hours or longer for you to receive an answer

i am going to assume you ment 3 posts on the same thread.

i have to disagree with that logic unless its 3 different threads. this is my reason.

when i come in and read a thread. it gets all discombobulated because of all the editing. i dont know what was asked before hand or what order or what answer goes to what. doesnt help me or others if i or we decide to come in and lend a helping hand.

just my thoughts.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Whenever a new reply comes into a thread i've posted in, as long it's a reasonable size (not too big), i check for edits anyway, so i agree with mentality that three posts aren't needed.

New username: hixxy
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
lol uh can anyone answer my last ?

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
It should work, but if it doesn't - add this as the first line of your text and input event body (right above the IF's):
  • tokenize 32 $strip($1-)

B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
it works just wonderin if i can color code each list like !list would show up green and !hit would show up red

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Yes, you can put color codes in your text file. Do a Ctrl+K in mIRC editbox, select a color number, then copy the result and paste it in Notepad before each line you want colored.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard