mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
garaone Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
i want to write a *.log analysing software...
now i search a documentation of the *.log syntax

thx for all infos

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
too hard to open a *.log file with a text editor and discover the syntax yourself? It isn't so complicated

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
G
garaone Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
the chance is very high that i not have all possibilities of log-outputs in my personal logs...

and its not motivating, if you find a new output that destroy all your implementationplans

A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
It always outputs the same each time?

If you want to know a lot about log parsing, check with the creator of mircstats... www.mircstats.com

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
everything you see in your logs is exactly what you see in your screen... it's a pure dump of your window!

so it's not hard to see...

only thing is that you can choose how to date you files and order them in diverent drives and such...

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
You do have a point...the only person who does in this thread.

You are right that there isn't only one format for logs. From personal experience only, it seems there are two kinds of logs (I learnt that during the time I made my own log viewer). In both types, the log file is a series of chunks of text separated by empty lines.A chunk of the first type, which is possibly created when you just check the "Logging..." item, is like this:
Code:
Session Start: <fulldate>
[color:blue]Session Ident: <channel/nickname>[/color]
[color:green]Session Ident: <channel/nickname> (<network>, <your nick>) (<address>)[/color]
<conversation>
<conversation>
Session Close: <fulldate>

<fulldate> is the full date, in the exact format returned by the $fulldate identifier.
<channel/nickname> is the channel name that's logged. If it's a query, it's the person's nick.
<address> is the nick's address (if you're logging a query), in the format "user@host.domain"
The second "Session Ident" line (green part) is often found in my logs. There may be logs that only have the blue line, others
that only have the green line and others that have both lines (most of my recent logs are of the 3rd type)

The other type of logs, which is probably what you get when you "save the buffer" (from the "Buffer..." menu item) is this:
Code:
Start of &lt;channel/nickname&gt; buffer: &lt;fulldate&gt;
[color:blue]Session Ident: &lt;channel/nickname&gt;[/color]
[color:green]Session Ident: &lt;channel/nickname&gt; (&lt;network&gt;, &lt;your nick&gt;) (&lt;address&gt;)[/color]
&lt;conversation&gt;
&lt;conversation&gt;
End of &lt;channel/nickname&gt; buffer    &lt;fulldate&gt;

Notice the multiple spaces in the last line, it seems mirc does that to align the first <fulldate> with the second.

I hope this info helped, although I'm not sure it's 100% accurate or complete.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
The green line may appear only when the query window is open by the other side, because only then his address is revealed. you see many occurrences of that line since lots of people love to message you smile

Also, if the "Timestamp logs" is enabled, expect that (third) line to be preceded by a timestamp.

Odd thing, here the third line never contained my nick nor network, with or without the "Include network" option enabled. it's just
Code:

[color:green]Session Ident: &lt;nick&gt; (&lt;address&gt;)[/color]

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Thanks for the extra info, I omitted a few things that may be useful to me too at some point smile

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard