mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
DCC Get won't Resume - Times out, exactly that, any ideas anyone??

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Try using the Search feature on this forum. Search using the keywords DCC Won't Resume, DCC Times Out, Can't Receive DCC etc... Be sure to check the options "All posts and All forums"

D
OP Offline
D
ok this is BS, all i c, is everyone is having the same problem, and all you people ie admin, are saying is to search the forums for the same problem in every post!!!!

How about looking into it and fixing the friggin problem instead of tellin us to look at other posts that you've got the same reply!!!!

If anyone has a fix, or if the developers could get they're asses into gear to fix this please reply!!!

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
A few remarks:

1. People (a.k.a. helpers) in this forum are not necessarily related to mIRC software developer(s). Therefore, no matter how bad they might want to solve the "dcc get won't resume" issue, it is out of their reach;
2. No one is forced to answer to your post, mad as you could get about this;
3. If they're telling you to use the Search feature, it is because all the answers/ideas people participating in this forum have come up with can be found there! If it's not there, and since this issue has been covered in different post, I hardy think that you might get another answer.

In peace and good thoughts,
/me

Edit: nuff said... besides, as far as I know, there are many (and I mean MANY) factors that can have an effect on whether resuming may work or not... therefore, you should include further details about your problem (error msg, os, mirc version). As a last shot, let's think that the problem is at the other end. Ask your friend and try sending/resuming or receiving/resuming a different file.

Last edited by Macondo; 14/06/04 05:52 AM.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The problem here is that DCC is a fairly agricultural protocol and is known for various problems which in some cases simply can't be fixed. Being rude isn't going to make The Game say "Oh, I am sorry, I'll rewrite the DCC protocol right now and hope everyone tags along"

DCC is designed for OCCASIONAL sending of SMALL files ONLY. In that respect, in most cases, there should be no need for the resume feature. If you are trading copyrighted files on a regular basis, well, like everyone else, you may run into problems.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:

Being rude isn't going to make The Game say "Oh, I am sorry, I'll rewrite the DCC protocol right now and hope everyone tags along"

Sure i'll get right on that once i figure it out myself...

Drew_Green: I only mentioned that you search this forum because may times this has been discussed here and many people have come up with different resolutions to their problems. I try to tell everyone to use the search feature first and read what they can if the search has brought up many different threads. Then, if you have searched and read all that you could without resolving your issue, then maybe someone could help you further.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You'll knock it over in no time lol.

D
OP Offline
D
sorry, i was jus frustrated cause in every reply reguarding this, was a search the forums as an answer, and that is just annoying!

D
OP Offline
D
the messages that i get are, it says requesting resume, then after about 60 seconds, it times out!! using version 6.14

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Riiiight. That's exactly what I said while creating an MP3 dialog....thats still kicking me in the ass LOL

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Resumes are more dependent on the sender's configuration than yours. If the sender is behind a firewall, chances are they are the one with the resume problem. Try resuming from several others (including dial-ups) before deciding it might be you.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard