button "ok", 2, 27 74 37 12, ok
}
on *:dialog:new_table:sclick:1: {
  echo -a $did($dname,1).seltext
}

then simply:
/did -a new_table 1 blah blah

do that a few times to throw text into the combo box

when you sclick text in the combo box, it does NOT return any information. You CAN for whatever reason return $did($dname,1).sel to get the line number, but not the selected text.

the error stays if you turn off dbu. the error stays if you don't force size on the combo box. the error stays whether or not you specify $did($dname,1).seltext or $did(1).seltext or $did(new_table,1).seltext. so don't think it's any of that. 6.15 simply refuses to return the text selected on a line in a combo box.

I did try this using a listbox - it DOES work fine in a listbox - $did($dname,1).seltext and all variations return the selected text.

I went back to the 6.14 .exe to doublecheck and the problem isn't there, as it hasn't been. switch back to 6.15 and there it is again.

aha. just checked - a drop-down combo box WILL return .seltext. But a normal combo box, forced size or no, will not.

I hope I have been thorough enough here - please reply if anything needs clarifying; I'll be keeping a close eye on this post because 6.15 has a lot of features I like and I'd really love to move over to it if I can - this however is a serious problem for dialogs I already use.

Edit: I read 6.15's mirc.hlp prior to this post and didn't see any syntax changes. If someone thinks or knows that it IS a syntax error, please tell me.

Edit #2: I used a brand new clean install and tested the simple dialog I posted, after finding the error in a script I had already made. If this helps, I am using Windows 98 Second Edition, with a 550mhz pentium III.

-Venoman

Last edited by Venoman; 11/06/04 01:15 PM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
This has been reported previously, and will be fixed in the next version.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
V
Venoman Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
ah. Thought it might be, but didn't see it anywhere offhand. The workaround in that post helped though - at least I have an alternative to sticking with 6.14.

-Venoman

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Quote:
Thought it might be, but didn't see it anywhere offhand.

That's what Search at the top of the page is for.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
V
Venoman Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
oh, gee, thank you so much for pointing that out. If only everyone took time out of their busy day to give such constructive feedback.

I absolutely love help forums with users that have such selfless, giving attitutes. You have made my day, kind sir.

-Venoman

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
It is constructive feedback, despite the fact that you can't/won't see it. Taking a couple of minutes to use search before you post saves time (among other things) for hundreds of people, including the developer. Some people have no prior experience with forums, so using search may not occur to them at first. Even if this the case for you, being offended and responding with sarcasm to guidelines regarding forum usage is, frankly, childish. If you already knew about search (as your reply seems to imply) but didn't bother to use it, well, that's even worse.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
V
Venoman Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
If I thought your post was intended to be helpful, I wouldn't have bothered to reply. Frankly I still have my doubts. I just checked up on things in this forum to see if anyone had any further information about the alternative method used, or possibly an in-between beta .exe that solved the issue. As far as my experience on this board (more accurately, my lack of experience), the number underneath my name should make that pretty clear.

My problem has been solved (or worked around, anyway), and I have a feeling this thread would only deteriorate were it continued. We're done here.

-Venoman

Link Copied to Clipboard