mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
-flame removed-

all he is doing is showing something in the DEVELOPMENT BB which is exactly what he has done. devloped something. and why cant he share what he has developed? all you give out scripts and snippets and crap. why doesnt anyone bitch about that? i mean c'mon. you really think a new user knows exactly what people are giving them as far as snippets?

people think. its just a program. so what if there is already a dll for it? Ever hear of diversity?! and whocares if you dont like it? there are some people out there who find it useful.

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:03 AM.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
What do you mean ? You want to gas me now and make soup of me ?

heh

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
Thanks Nightcrawler for backing me up! -Flame removed-smile

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:13 AM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
If the moderators delete a link then that's their perogative. What right do you, siyavash, or anyone else have to tell someone how to run the site? The difference between posting a snippet is that they are in response to something someone asked, whereas siyavash has just created 3 threads specifically to spam his program. And whether a new user knows what they're doing or not isn't really relevant, at least with a snippet on here there are other people who can see the code and tell whether it's safe or not.

Quote:
whocares if you dont like it?
now just stop starting [censored].

- I suggest you take your own advice.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
-Flaming post removed-

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:04 AM.
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
im trying to talk some sense into you people.
Quote:
at least with a snippet on here there are other people who can see the code and tell whether it's safe or not.

then download it...try it.. and tell us if its safe.

i for one. know it is safe. well.. as sure as i can be when downloading any other program

also as far as snippets popping up at request. if you did some research. the question WAS aked how to make alpha blending in mirc possible in the same result of xchat. voila. here it is. a snippet. just in the form of a .exe. now move along.

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:08 AM.

-Nick (Darko)
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
What about the two times you posted it in Feature Suggestions?

Quote:
NO they do not have just any right.

- You're quite, quite, wrong about that. This is a forum that is owned by someone, and just as a person has a right to decide who can say what in their house, the owners of this forum have a right to decide what is allowed to be posted. As I said before, if you have a problem with that the solution is simple: leave.

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:09 AM.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
the question WAS aked how to make alpha blending in mirc possible in the same result of xchat.

- Then why not answer that question by replying to whoever asked it? When someone asks how to do something with a script I don't respond by creating a bunch of new threads with the answer, I give it to the person who wanted to know.

Quote:
then download it...try it.. and tell us if its safe.

- Simply downloading and running something, besides being incredibly stupid, does not in any way allow someone to tell whether something is safe or not.

Quote:
a snippet. just in the form of a .exe.

- I'm not sure you understand the concept of 'snippet'.

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:11 AM.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
dont take me for a moron. i know what i am talking about. and i certainly know what a snippet is.

if your are to "stupid" to know what i am talking about. let me enlighten you.

i am talking about the codes people give out.

now why cant you just put it into an exe file.

i have been using this program he released and its safe. and think about it. if it were not safe. do you think he would have put the info down where he can be found. on dalnet. his nickname. and all that other crap. c'mon. dont be stupid.

this thread is about the program. not his double posting.

and why SHOULD he post it on the post with the question?

the solution gets more attention when it has its own thread. think dude. it makes sense.

im sure if i had a solution that would benefit hundreds of users. i would make a new thread. but why should anyone do such a thing here. set an example for future readers.

dont provoke the user. just post ok. its cool. i wouldnt use it.

why must everyone be so negative.

on another note. ill stand up and appologise for my rudeness. it was unacceptable and im sorry.

can we now just move along. cause any more posts will just make matters worse

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:12 AM.

-Nick (Darko)
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
We back at this kind of discussion again? Jesus let it go! Do you think spamming your program is gonna make people wanna go and download it or check it out? NO. You said it once now just leave it be.

Watchdog: Looks like ya spoke too soon lol.

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
-Flaming post removed-

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:10 AM.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
When you make multiple threads telling people about your application, I think of it as pushing it on someone to try it. And when you start going off on people that just makes people believe you are a lamer. I'm sure you don't want that right?

So why not just leave it at that. There's no need to continue to defend youself on this forum as it just leads to a constant argument and I see this thread heading to the lockbox like the others due to the excessive four letter usage and insults.

Last edited by Mentality; 17/06/04 05:14 AM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This needs to stop. Now.

I have left as much of posts intact as possible because underneath the ridiculous amount of cuss words there are two different opinions which are both valid.

siyavash: This is the fourth thread you have started that has caused a huge argument on the forum. We do not need to see anymore threads started about the program you have made. We are not "Nazis" as you put it, we are not going to allow you to spam your URL anymore as it has been posted enough already.
You have no right to keep swearing and insulting the people that put a lot of hard work into this forum by helping others, especially when they are just informing you of the rules of this forum. And rightly so. You know ParaBrat removed the URL from your first post, and moderators have locked several other threads of yours about the same topic - and yet you continue. Please do not start further threads about this issue.

NightCrawler: As much as your opinion is valid, the way you have shown it is ridiculous in this thread. Again, swearing at others and filling up the forum with the "[censored]" word is not going to make anyone listen to you. As much as we all get angry, we cannot go around filling the forum with swear words (and evading the censorship filters by adding periods between letters). Thank you for apologising though.

Thanks to those who remained mature throughout smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard