#85719 06/06/04 06:52 PM
B
blo_inc Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Hi,

I recently had to reformat my computer due to a bad trojan that I got on irc while using dcc. I believe it was because my dcc was set to accept all. What settings should I use for dcc in mirc so that I do not revieve any dccs at all, and what settings should I set the dcc to so that it will ask me for confirmation before downloading with dcc?

Thx

#85720 06/06/04 06:59 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You can change these options through a command or through the options dialog. Commands are quicker.

To automatically ignore all DCCs simply type /sreq ignore. To make the DCC send "ask" box to pop-up, so you can choose whether to accept a DCC or not, type /sreq ask.

If you wish, you can choose to set up a "trusted" list so you can auto-get off of your friends. Simply use the /dcc trust command. See /help /dcc for further help.

All of the above options are accessible, and can be edited, in mIRC options via: ALT+O > DCC

Good job for checking up on how to stay safe. You may find this thread useful for tips on staying safe, and programs which will help you do just that.

Hope this helps smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#85721 06/06/04 07:25 PM
B
blo_inc Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
thank you, much appreciated, as I almost didn't want mirc anymore due to that trojan. Looks like I will be getting it again smile

Link Copied to Clipboard