mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
See this : http://home.sleepwalkers.org/moo.jpg and http://home.sleepwalkers.org/moo2.jpg ...That is what I was talking about !

I made an application to alter mIRC's desktop windows to glue them right on the desktop background!

Kind'a cool !!!

I do not need the transparent feature anymore.

ps. If anyone wants this application, please let me know. I am on DALnet , channel #sleepwalkers , Nickname : "SyntaxError". I will give you the app for free. smile ( Just need some time to make it more user friendly )

Last edited by siyavash; 06/06/04 06:46 PM.
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
dude.. thats awesome
good work..
im at work and cannot get on irc atm.. if possible send to ( darko@ cubred.org )

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Wow, that's very nice laugh Good job!

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
thnx guys!.. I'll try to make the app and post it online as soon as possible. But meanwhile, u know where to find me...

Just a note, I will put the application availble on www.sleepwalkers.org ... I probably will make it open source too. smile

now, I got to get back to work frown

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Yeah I would like to see this application myself. Post a link to it so that we can all judge it. If it works anything like X-Chat 'transparency' then it isn't true transparency, Which you requested in your tirade a few weeks ago...

So don't feel that you have proved anything against what I posted before... ok? ... wink

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
I don't know what you mean ? *confused* It is true transparent. I pick a color and make the window transparent on that color. There is also alphablending possibilities here. Also, I kill off the caption and borders of the window. Simple! smile

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Yes I know how that works, However that would make any text of the same color transparent also, Which is why I said it isn't a good solution.

It's ok if you know that your own windows theme, And mIRC colors don't use that RGB value, But it wouldn't be acceptable for a mass distributed script.

As I said before, On mircscripts.org there is already a DLL (mFUNC.dll) which supports that kind of transparency.

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
so, how does the DLL make the window transparent without using a color ? HEHE smile ...besides... my app is open source. I don't dare to use some unknown DLL on my computer! ... and... where were you when I yelled about needing transparent windows ?... Now when I make an app, you suddenly show up and complain. ...I think that sux0rz. But that's me !

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
good job. nice desktop picture btw smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
thank you... here is the picture if you want it : http://home.sleepwalkers.org/elka.bmp

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I don't think we need to start another argument, do we? smile

If you have made an addon that gives the effect of what you displayed in the screenshots then that is very nice and I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it. Thanks for putting in the work.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
let us know the url where we can dl the transparency program smile

-Nick (Darko)
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
And what exactly OS are you using (on those pictures)?
It looks like some linux x-windows to me, it can be winxp also, but I am confused by the low right corner where I can some numbers like desktop numbers on kde or gnome example.

velicha dusha moja Gospoda
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
It's Windows Server 2003 but you can do same stuff in XP too... Here is 2 other screenshots of my old and new system : http://home.sleepwalkers.org/xp.jpg

and http://home.sleepwalkers.org/2k3.jpg

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
Hi,

I promise I will as soon as I made it more userfriendly. I have a meeting tomorrow but I'll fix it up sometime before friday.

The application will be online on www.sleepwalkers.org or you can get it directly from me, from dalnet , #sleepwalkers , nickname : SyntaxError

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
my app is open source. I don't dare to use some unknown DLL on my computer!

Windows has hundreds of unknown DLLs.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
but to download one as far as mirc is concerned?

-Nick (Darko)
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Url's aren't working... frown

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Downloading a closed-source DLL made by some guy who is for all intents and purposes untraceable isn't exactly the same as using a closed-source DLL that is used by millions worldwide and made by a huge company who could be held responsible if it contained malicious code.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard