mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Hello people,

I am since 3 months a fanathic IRC chatten on the IRC chat of the site where I am member of.
Since 2 weeks I can not chat on IRC anymore mad
I have try some things but I can not chat.
I have download now mIRC but I don't know how to work with that.
I will hope that there are people who can help me and that I can chat again!

Thanks Ralf

Follow your eurobills into europe!
http://www.eurobilltrackersite.tk
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hey there, welcome to the boards.

It's hard to help you without specific details of the problem you're experiencing, although some general suggestions can be made. The error message you're receiving would be helpful. If you're getting the 'Software caused connection abort' error which seems to be one of the more common ones, then see this thread. If you're getting 'Connection refused' which has been slightly more reported recently, then try this thread and this thread.

In general you can use the Search feature to try and find threads that relate to the error you're experiencing. There are not many problems which have not been covered at some point. Check out the sticky threads at the top of the appropriate forum too. Try several different network addresses to see if the problem is occuring on all servers you try - if it's not, then it might be a problem unique to one network in which case you should try and contact the network's administration. You might also want to /dns irc.server.here and connect to the IP of the server address.

What OS do you use? What network are you connecting to? What port are you using? Are you using anything special to connect like a proxy? Do you have a firewall set? Do you have any scripts? Have you tried connecting with a fresh install of mIRC with no scripts etc.? Did you install any exterior programs like a software firewall or antivirus just before this issue occured?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
it seems this guy was using java chat or something and it no worky anymore.

so. heres some info we need.

1)do you know the name of the network you were connecting to?
2) are you getting any errors?
3)anything else?

also some helpful things to do is read the help file. when you go into mirc. type: /Help

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
R
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Thanks for the answers back.

When I whant to join IRC with http://chat.ircnet.org/irc.cgi
And than I choose my name and join the chat than I only see a with window. But the people in the chat can see my name in the list.
That is strange.
But I don't know what to do?

I hope that you can help me.

Thanks Ralf

Follow your eurobills into europe!
http://www.eurobilltrackersite.tk
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well, mIRC and IRC are not the same thing. That is a CGI chat page and there may be an error with it, or perhaps you're not running a compatible browser. Whatever the reason, the best idea is to take it up with the network administrators.

mIRC is an IRC client and is much more advanced than any form of chat webpage. You can download mIRC from here and find out how to install it and connect on the How To Install page. If you are not allowed IRC access via an IRC client such as mIRC by the administration then we cannot help you. It is also harder to help you (and much less related to these forums) if you ask about other IRC clients or problems with Java chat clients.

If you can get the IRC address from the administration, ask how to connect with mIRC. If they allow connections of that sort then follow their instructions.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
when u connect tyo the cgi irc.. u are connecting to ircnet. which u can connect to using mirc. just download mirc from www.mirc.com fill in the appropriate information and choose ircnet.org from the servers menu.. then u are set.

as far as getting your cgi irc to work. try using a different browser like MYIE2 or avant browser or even netscape. if that doesnt work check ur internet settings in the browser. maybe it is set up so u cant do certain things?

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk

Link Copied to Clipboard