Print Thread
#85549 05/06/04 09:32 PM
J
Jae Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
Ok. i've had windows runnning for 5 weeks the other week and mIRC (v6.14) was open the whole time i had my computer booted an no problem so im guessing it *may* not be a bug relevant to that.
Just about 5 minutes ago now i went to maximise both of my copies of mirc and double clicked both of them at the same time as instead of poping up all i coudl hear was my hard drive churning away... as it does when it htinks. anyway.. about 10 seconds later the windows Error Rerpoting dialog comes up. so what exaclkty caused it i have no idea.
mIRC Uptime around a week and a half.
Computer uptime just on 19 days.
i told it to send the error report. i am curious what M$ does with the info. does it get forwarded to yourself? or do they use it so they can just tell me to repot to the program writer. being ureself.
Oh and i know windows writes to a log when a program crash's i can send that if needed. but i hav no idea where the file is. cheers.

P.S. i just noticed from all these posts that 6.15 is out.. i might just have to get me a copy and see what all the fuss is about ;p

#85550 05/06/04 09:47 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
To be honest, this sounds like one of those lovely mysterious Windows things that happens to everyone, particularly when the computer's been on for over 2 weeks!

Sometimes if you try doing too much at once (and that limit gets less and less the less you reboot your computer) things just stop working. To demonstrate, fill a rucksack with stones. Stand there for 30 minutes. Feel ok? Stand there for 19 days, and you will crash :tongue:

I've never had my computer on that long so I don't know if it's a bug with mIRC...I highly doubt it though as I do know people that keep mIRC running for weeks, into the months area, and they are still fine. It's just a sad fact of life that sometimes, you gotta reboot smirk

By the way, the "fuss" is because 6.15 is a new version - it happens every time a new version comes out!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#85551 06/06/04 07:27 AM
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
That's more of a windows problem wink Windows, unlike other OSes (trying really hard not to start a flame), can't be up for a long time w/o giving out weird errors at some point.

My ally is the compiler, and a powerful ally it is!
#85552 06/06/04 08:15 AM
J
Jae Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
LOL!
Cheers mate. yeh well i not had it happen untill now. i thought maybe cos my computer was scrunchign away at something else.. maybe windows doesnt like 2 exact copies of one exe trying to do the same thign at the same time.. tho since i have had windows update itself whenever there has been an update. in the last year or so i have left the computer on for weeks and weeks with no problems.. well very few. the reason for re-boots is usually due to installing that new program thats never been tried before that jsaut happens to need you to reboot.. *rolls eyes*

anyways. thx guys smile

Cheers!

Link Copied to Clipboard