Print Thread
#85536 05/06/04 07:57 PM
S
Swan Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
I been trying to msg [email]x@{channels.undernet.org[/email] ... I have a username and password ..please can you tell me where I can find all this .I like to be an operator. Can you explaine step by step pls

#85537 05/06/04 08:07 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
To be an op (@) you need to join an empty channel that has not been registered. Do remember, although Undernet (the network you obviously use) does have channel services, not all networks do. To do this, simply type /join #channel-name where 'channel-name' is the name of the channel that you want. Popular names such as #mIRC or #Chat are always taken by people who have been on the network for years.

To register a channel on Undernet you need 10 supporters. Login at cservice.undernet.org/live/ and click to register a channel. If you don't meet their requirements (which are not easy) then you cannot register a channel. That is their rules and nobody here can change that.

Either way, provided nobody else registers your empty channel (which is unlikely) you will remain as operator. For help with X commands, go to the #Help or #CService channel on Undernet, or /msg X Help <command> where <command> is a command you need help with (e.g. /msg x help op).

Remember that mIRC is not affiliated with any one channel, server, service or network. X nor Undernet is not the same as 'mIRC' - you can simply use mIRC to connect to Undernet and use their services. Services are unique to the networks that use them, and you can't always find support here. For indepth services help you'll need to ask on the network you use.

Best of luck!

Edited for reasons below

Regards,

Last edited by Mentality; 05/06/04 09:10 PM.

Mentality/Chris
#85538 05/06/04 08:58 PM
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
X doesnt have a general help, so /msg X help will return a notice from the bot asking for a command to be specified.

-X- SYNTAX: HELP [command]

Swan, you can try /msg X help op to get help on the command you asked for help. However, as Mentality said, you need to register the channel on CService or an @Op needs to add you to the channel access list in order to get opped. (Note that the @Op has to have access 400+).

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
#85539 05/06/04 10:21 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
To login to X:
/msg x@channels.undernet.org login <cservicenick> <cservicepassword>
To hide your IP address:
/mode $me +x

Note: this does NOT hide your IP address from someone you establish a DCC connection with (chat, send, or receive).

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard