mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Lodd Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
Today I'm very glad to download mIRC 6.15, and everything is OK on my computer (My OS is Windows XP Pro). But some people using windows 2000 said another multi-byte bug also exists! Whatever multi-byte support is enabled or disabled.
On their computers, if they join a channel which have a Chinese name, or open a query window whick have a Chinese nick, they cannot see the button on the switch bar, and from then on, the switch bar will stop repainting whatever open more English or Chinese query window.

please see fig 1 & 2.

(fig 1)

(fig 2)

If the swich bar have a background, the bug will happen just like fig 3.

(fig 3)

And, if some new messages come, the "red words" will appear but the icons also disappear. Please see fig 4.

(fig 4)

They told me the bug has existed for a long time in earlier version. I'm so sorry for finding it so late because it never happen on Windows XP.

Last edited by Lodd; 04/06/04 04:44 PM.
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
This bug has occurred since mirc was compiled using VC++ .net .

D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
I have the EXACT same problem too!
Just like SeaEndSkyWay said, the problem occured since mIRC was complied by C++ .NET.
I sent some emails to Khaled and help@mirc.com regarding this problem , but nobody replied ever since.

R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
i use win2000 in Chinese Version and have found this bug from 6.1* version, still noway to solve.

help !

Link Copied to Clipboard