mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
The switchbar overlaps the toolbar and the toolbar overlaps the maximized channel window! This is just wrong. I've made a screenshot, I hope you can tell from it what I mean.

And another thing which is not shown in the screenshot, when I make the mIRC main window bigger, the toolbar stays there, not growing together with mIRC if you know what I mean.

kristnjov, AMMM honorary bat
G
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
G
Must be some DLL you're using...

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This works perfectly for me, I don't think any changes were made to 6.15 in this respect. I've tried several combinations and cannot do what you have done.

What OS are you using? Are you using any DLLs (I've heard there's an issue with some docking DLL)?

Install a fresh mIRC into a new directory and see if the problem still occurs.

I tested this under 6.15, XP Pro.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
G
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
G
Quote:
Are you using any DLLs (I've heard there's an issue with some docking DLL)?

He obviously is if you look at the screenshot.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Don't quite know why you felt the need to be sarcastic, it was a perfectly legitimate question smile - He could be running more than one DLL that didn't have an obvious affect in the screenshot.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
G
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
G
You asked if he was using a DLL at all and stated that you heard there is a problem with a docking DLL. He obviously IS using a docking DLL. That is why I thought your question was quite redundand.
I was not being sarcastic either.
No offense smile

K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Yeah, I suppose it's the DLL with the docked dialog, but still, why would this problem occur only in the new version? Can't see no major changes in the toolbar/switchbar or anything. My docked dialog means a lot to me frown

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Quote:
...why would this problem occur only in the new version?

Because the author of the dll (you're talking about rebar.dll, aren't you?) has coded an internal $version check. If the dll finds that the version is anything other 6.1, 6.11, 6.12, 6.13 or 6.14, it won't work. Apart from this check though, there is no other reason for it not to work with the new version. So, the fix is relatively simple: one can edit the source code included in rebar.dll package, changing "6.11" to "6.15", and recompile. Alternatively, one can hex edit the binary and change 6.11 to 6.15. Here's an alias that does the latter:
Code:
[color:green]; Usage: /patchrebar <full path of rebar.dll>, eg /patchrebar C:\mirc\someaddon\rebar.dll
; Creates a modified version of rebar.dll, named rebar615.dll, which works with mirc 6.15.[/color]
patchrebar {
  var %f = $iif($nopath($1-) == rebar.dll && $isfile($1-),$shortfn($1-),$findfile($mircdir,rebar.dll,1).shortfn)
  if !%f { echo -iec info /patchrebar: invalid filename. Please supply the full path to rebar.dll. | return }
  bread %f 0 $file(%f) &a
  if $bfind(&a,1,6.11) {
    bset -t &a $ifmatch 6.15
    bwrite $puttok(%f,rebar615.dll,-1,92) 0 -1 &a
    echo -iec info2 /patchrebar: created file 'rebar615.dll' in $+(',$longfn($nofile(%f)),')
  }
  else echo -iec info /patchrebar: invalid or corrupted file $+(',$longfn(%f),')
}
You can then close down mirc, delete rebar.dll, rename rebar615.dll to rebar.dll and re-open mirc. Everything should work again.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Dude, you rock! Many thanks!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood

Last edited by MTec89; 04/06/04 11:44 PM.

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
I just adjusted the new version tu support mIRC 6.15

As you all know it contains errors in it that I don't have the time nor the patience to go through. If anyone wants to modify the source code to suit his needs just go ahead I've got no problem with that at all.

http://scriptsdb.org/comments.php?id=485

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I use Rebar for a toolbar, and upgarded to 6.15 yet i haven't upgraded the dll and i don't get that problem, i can freely move the switchbar top/bottom/left/right and it adjusts fine :tongue:

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
It's not perfect but I like it a lot, imo it's the only decent docking dll out there. It would be nice if it could dock the dialog above the switchbar, ie between the switchbar and the toolbar (when switchbar is at the top), but I've already gotten used to it (I'm too lazy to read up on Windows UI programming and try to change it myself).

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
Marantz: This is the mIRC 6.14 supported version of rebar, so I think the dll works fine for you on 6.15 if you didn't update it :tongue:
Code:
if ((lstrcmp(mData,"6.1") == 0) || (lstrcmp(mData,"6.11") == 0) || (lstrcmp(mData,"6.12") == 0) || (lstrcmp(mData,"6.13") == 0) || (lstrcmp(mData,"6.14") == 0))

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
yay i upgraded my patch :P
clickhere, why not submit your dll to ms.org? i dont understand the site you have it submitted to

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
its french, use a translator

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
whats the harm in submitting it to ms.org?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
i know it wasnt needed but i released a new version of Rebar Patch (v1.0.8) smile :P

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
i've finally updated the DLL for the last time including a check for all mIRC version 6.1+ so I don't have to do this again and again =]

I plan to recode it entirely later when I have some free time to spare on this.

Link Copied to Clipboard