mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
I downloaded 6.15 and was attempting to reconnect to my servers with the perform list, but every single server returned a Connection Refused error. I turned my remotes off and tried again manually, but still no go. Is there some random setting that got turned on that is changing the way mirc connects to servers?

I reinstalled 6.14 and was able to connect.

K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
You're not by any chance using SSL, are you?

kristnjov, AMMM honorary bat
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
No, I'm not. I don't have any of the SSL files.

G
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
G
im having the same prob take 6.15 off 6.14 back on prob solved must be a differant setting somewhere on 6.15 any ideas anyone

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The thing that's strange about this is 'Connection Refused' means just that - the server has refused you. Therefore, I can't clearly see why mIRC 6.14 would work and 6.15 wouldn't. I'm guessing an internal change has been made somewhere along the line and now a (possibly popular) external program is having negative effects.

You might want to see this thread, Norton was suggested. Also try using the Search feature as a number of threads have been started about this error.

Are you getting this with all networks AND all ports? Have you tried on a fresh install on 6.15?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
G
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
G
follow up i can dcc send to someone but when someone tries to use my fileserver it wont let them6.14 no problem so it as to be a setting somewhere in 6.15 any help would be appreciative thanx in advance

P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Solved the problem with a simple restart of my computer.

Turns out my firewall was screwed up somehow and restarting the computer fixed the firewall. Everything's fine now.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
the firewall probably saw that the exe had changed and for some reason didnt ask if it was ok to still run it. You are not the first person I know of who fixed it with a reboot.

Link Copied to Clipboard