mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
First up, my apologies to the moderators if they feel this is inappropriate for this forum. If this is the case, please feel free to delete this thread - there will be no hard feelings smile

That said, we in the UK (and the rest of the EU?) have the opportunity to potentially stop the EU's version of the US' DMCA within the next week or so. I urge you to PLEASE vote against these new IP laws. They're too restrictive.

Here, Alan Cox can explain it better than I - click

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Where's the link to the proposed laws? Not that it matters to people outside the UK but if you want a debate here you have to give us the subject matter for review. And, yes, it doesn't have much to do with mIRC, unless of course you are saying that software shouldn't be classed as IP.

In advance I will say that if someone invents something then they deserve recognition for it and they deserve protection from the lazy charletons out there who spend their time copying inventions simply to make a quick quid out of it.

D
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
I don't wanna debate about it. I just wanted people in the UK, who can help do something about the new laws, to be aware what is going on and how they can change it - should they feel inclined to.

Here is a link that explains pretty much everything.

Last edited by DekuHaze; 02/06/04 10:39 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard